new map: Kane Valley (fictional)

Discussion about reviews and strategies for user created scenarios made for RT3 version 1.05 and earlier.
RayofSunshine
CEO

Re: new map: Kane (fictional) Unread post

This version is some what differnt or changed from the previous version. However, I enjoyed it with its changed goals. Only played it in the Medium, and got the Gold 7 years early. Odd, considering that I only received a BZ in the previous version. :salute: {,0,}
RulerofRails
CEO

Re: new map: Kane Valley (fictional) Unread post

Found this one in my collection since long ago. The goals seemed so easy that I decided to only use steam, issue no stock or bonds, and not buy any industry even Hotels etc.. Also, I adjusted the access cost event so that it really costs the stated $25M max. Currently this is coded to cost a max of $2.5M which is nothing in that stage of the game.

There are a few minor niggles in the events but nothing overwhelming. As long as there's a policy of one station per city, the haulage counts should be fairly robust. The topography of the map and city locations are well selected for a nice enviroment to run rails through. Enjoyed it.
low_grade
Dispatcher

Re: new map: Kane Valley (fictional) Unread post

I'm almost tempted to think RoR is a troll, frustrating us by his example. Because, again, no, I made no headway whatsoever in my initial few starts attempting to match his self-restrictions. And then finally I just went ahead did did a lot of industry before starting rail and as others previously, gold on Expert with 7 years to spare. Nice map, though there was no need to explore all of it.