The Port of Newcastle

Discussion about reviews and strategies for user created scenarios made for RT3 version 1.05 and earlier.
belbincolne
Engineer

Re: The Port of Newcastle Unread post

With rain pouring down here I've had time to try this (V3). As others have said nice map but really easy play. Despite apparent lack of resources at start up trains really profitable and no need for an industry base at all. Got Bronze on Normal after 13 years. Which I suspect is a flaw meaning that I'll never get anything else and you need to rescript the medals. Midnite now so have packed in but will continue tomorrow - suspect I will reach gold figures very quickly tho not get the medal.

Anyway great first scenario. Lived in Sydney for 2 years and visited Newcastle but afraid I cant remember much about it!
belbincolne
Engineer

Well as expected achieved Silver after 15 years and Gold after 17 but didn't get them. Incidentally I've not installed vineyards and its loaded up fine.
low_grade
Dispatcher

Based on Belbincone's and others' feedback, I'd still urge you to make this a 20 year scenario, and also to increase the hauling requirements somewhat, maybe doubling coal because there's so much of it available, and increasing passenger hauling by 25% seems reasonable.
RayofSunshine
CEO

Port of Newcastle Unread post

Here is a scenario which Sugus created. He managed to take time from translating other creator's scenarios. Tnks

This scenario has a number of challenges which I believe will make a player take time to appreciate the talent which went into this scenario. There is an easy way to get the Gold, but there are challenges which are bonuses, but not necessarily necessary for the Gold. Hence the challenge to complete them.

A real worthwhile creation, and believe most everyone will find it to be enjoyable. :salute: {,0,}
Sugus
Engineer

Re: Port of Newcastle Unread post

Ups! The creator of this scenario is Aaron Bradford (Glaycyer), not me. I only translated it into German ... :-D
There's no business like RT business ...
Hawk
The Big Dawg

As Toni said: ;-)
Click on image to view full size
Click on image to view full size
Hawk
RayofSunshine
CEO

oops. Not paying attention again. Will try to be more observant. However, I did enjoy its concept of challenges, and appreciate the talent which was needed in imagination. :salute: {,0,}