5 Great Lakes

Discussion about reviews and strategies for user created scenarios made for RT3 version 1.05 and earlier.
RayofSunshine
CEO

Five Lakes Journey Unread post

A search only gave me threads for the 5 Great Lakes. But my computer has a mind of its own, and helps be make mistakes.
Any way, this scenario is some what different in all aspects. Terrain and challenges. But my problem is that I have a goodly amount of supply for the Brewery, Meat Packers, and at one time Tool and Die, but am unable to get any profit from them. However, there is also a goodly amount of their production. Got any reason? :salute: {,0,}
RayofSunshine
CEO

Re: Five Lakes Journey Unread post

Guess the answer to my question is that of "overhead" and or "operating cost". However, these industries were operating at a good profit, and the "supply" was within a close proximity of the industries. Also, there was not any natural or problem of "virus or crop damage" to cut the production of supply. BUT, I like the concept of this scenario. The challenges are some what different that the usual. :salute: {,0,}
RayofSunshine
CEO

Well I barely got the Gold, as was having the same problem with the 2nd attempt, with the "progressive" industries all of a sudden to go flat. They did manage to recover at a later date, so purchased them again.
I said barely, as for some reason, I find that in a goodly number of scenarios, I end up with Recessions and Depressions within the last few years of the deadlines.
And I made the mistake of not alloting more dividend for my "stock portfolio". A suggestion to try and keep a fair dividend throughout the game.
I won't devuldge any more of the requirements of challenge. I believe that Sugus intended it as part of the programming.
It is a very interesting scenario, and hope everyone enjoys it as much as I have.
OH. My trend is to basically only play in the Medium level. :salute: {,0,}
Sugus
Engineer

Ok RoS, I know that this is a - hmmm - strange map. And while testing it I had tries without great success. Nevertheless, it's possible to win it (Gold) on expert. :-D
There's no business like RT business ...