The Dividing Range

Discussion about reviews and strategies for user created scenarios made for RT3 version 1.05 and earlier.
RayofSunshine
CEO

The Dividing Range

Unread post by RayofSunshine »

This is another interesting scenario. Not necessarily to my liking with a mountain range down the middle, I did find it to have an interesting concept of challenges in goals and terrain features. 1/2 Plains, 1/2 hilly, with the mountains "dividing the range".

Each have its farms and industry, of which has to be hauled to the other side of the "divide". It is a 100 year scenario, but I finished 30 years early with progressive and some what aggressive action.

There are 2 AIs, which tend to buy up a lot of the farms, and do establish a number of industries within their own locale of operations, although they are not too aggressive. At least in the Medium level of which I played.

I ended with a 106 engine operation. However, I must have replaced at least that many in crashes. And I was replacing engines after 15 years of service, if they lasted that long.

I believe a good number of the crashes were caused by ""inadequate"" maintenance. Athough there were sufficient water/sand and maintenace, thru engines failed to stop for service, even though there supply was critical or depleted. After some experiments, I found that it was necessary to implement skeduled stops along the line of routing, mostly for long haul cargoes. These cargoes being fundamentally necessary of haul requirements.

I did enjoy playing for the Gold, and believe other members will find it worth while to attempt it. :salute: {,0,}