Southern States USA- scenaro bug?

Discussion about reviews and strategies for user created scenarios made for RT3 version 1.05 and earlier.
ostlandr
Brakeman

Southern States USA- scenaro bug? Unread post

Okay, started this one again after quite awhile. When New Orleans fell, (spoiler)

all tracks, trains and stations were destroyed. No problem- company has plenty of cash, time to rebuild. But- It's a no unconnected track scenario. I can't build a new station to start over!!! Tried waiting until the war was over, but no good. And, I can't resign as chairman and start a new company. Any ideas?

Also, is there an etiquitte rule about editing someone else's scenario?
Gwizz
CEO

Re: Southern States USA- scenario bug? Unread post

I often change connected track to unconnected track. I don't like connected track. In real life RRs had unconnected track. But, then I seldom play to win.

If I was trying to best someones score then I would not make a change in the map editor.
I alway put a 2 behind the map's name and save it. This way I remember the map was changed in some way.
Sugus
Engineer

Re: Southern States USA- scenaro bug? Unread post

Due to the event "Civil war 1862 2" all stations, trains and tracks will be destroyed. However, based on the text presented, only the area around New Orleans should be concerned. For this reason, the event (i.e. the effects) should mark the "territories" radio button and select Louisiana (for New Orleans).

Another unsightly-ness is the variable start date between 1830 and 1900 because one runs into the total destruction mentioned above only, if one starts the scenario between 1843 and 1862 (the earlier the more badly). I think that the author (Joseph Tinoco) certainly wanted, that the player is confronted with this event.

So, I subjected the scenario of a corresponding correction:
- Start date fixed on 1855
- Event "Civil war 1862,2" restricted on Louisiana

For the interested players here is the modified map:
Southern_States_USA.zip
(2.65 MiB) Downloaded 264 times
There's no business like RT business ...