Iron Czar Questions

Discussion about reviews and strategies for user created scenarios made for RT3 version 1.05 and earlier.
groundhog
Hobo

Iron Czar Questions Unread post

Dug out an old scenario, "Iron Czar". Have a couple of very unimportant questions that I still haven't figured out.
1) You can buy rights to build in Korea - where IS Korea? I don't find it on the map (but I have been accused of keeping my eyes shut more than once).
2) If you merge with "Ussurian Railway" you get $4K. Where or what is the Ussurian Railway. Is there any track or anything? When you merge with "X" there is 1 section of track in Manchuria besides and $12K.
3) In the events editor there are several events that happen in the territory "Baikal Block". I haven't seen these events come up, probably because (again) I can't find "Baikal Block" Is it there? Or maybe just a leftover from a previous version?

Thanks
Groundhog
Jeremy Mac Donald
Watchman

Re: Iron Czar Questions Unread post

groundhog wrote:Dug out an old scenario, "Iron Czar". Have a couple of very unimportant questions that I still haven't figured out.
1) You can buy rights to build in Korea - where IS Korea? I don't find it on the map (but I have been accused of keeping my eyes shut more than once).
2) If you merge with "Ussurian Railway" you get $4K. Where or what is the Ussurian Railway. Is there any track or anything? When you merge with "X" there is 1 section of track in Manchuria besides and $12K.
3) In the events editor there are several events that happen in the territory "Baikal Block". I haven't seen these events come up, probably because (again) I can't find "Baikal Block" Is it there? Or maybe just a leftover from a previous version?

Thanks
Groundhog
Never played the scenario but I have 20 minutes to kill so I'll go look at it.

1) In the south east corner of the map you'll find the city of Vladivostok. Just a bit west of it you'll find like 5 or maybe six cells of empty wilderness that is the most northerly tip of Korea thats just, by a hairs breadth, entered the southern part of the map.

2) No idea about the Ussurian Railway.

3) I see some events dealing with territories around Lake Bakal and I see that there is a territory named 'Baikal Block' but no cells have been given to Baikal Block that I can see.
JayEff
Conductor

Re: Iron Czar Questions Unread post

There are supposed to be some natural disasters south of Lake Baikal. But they do not seem to trigger, because it looks like there is a bit of a territory mixup. There are two hidden territories there, but the event was written for the Baikal Block, which is no longer there. It never triggered on me in Trans-Siberian Railway, but I always built throught there.

The Ussurian Railway had an important role in the Trans-Siberian Railway scenario. The scenario designer bulldozed everything and wound up the company. 'X' may have been the same sort of company, but maybe one track section was missed.

Korea barely enters the map west of Vladivostok, occupying about 5 cells.