z-Southern Africa (eng)

Discussion about reviews and strategies for user created scenarios made for RT3 version 1.06.
edbangor
Dispatcher

z-Southern Africa (eng) Unread post

Started on this one tonight and so far it's going rather well although I had something of a shakey start for the first couple of years.
I have, however, noticed a couple of errors with the ledger, in that both diesal and Bauxite loads appear to be set to all companies rather than just for the (human) player.

Have to admit I only noticed this when I passed the diesel target without connecting anywhere close to a source and then noticed one of the AI's was doing the hauling. Later noticed that the bauxite I was hauling to my shiny new Alli mills weren't being counted at all. Just hope this won't be a problem for the medals.

Anyway, my impression so far, is that this is a fun map with some interesting challanges. So congrats to andybis !!clap!!
I need a little less pressure, and a little more time
"A Little More Homework" by Jason Robert Brown from 13: the Musical
belbincolne
Engineer

Re: z-Southern Africa (eng) Unread post

Had two starts at this - both abject failures in different ways. First I railroaded and made no money - neither did AIs who were down to $1 each - anyway I packed it in.

Second attempt I went industry for a couple of years then went railing. Wonderfully successful - unfortunately so were the AIs - managed to take one over and then miscalculated on second and had all my stock sold off however I was still in line for silver and played on. Then came my carryings problems - never even tried diesel but tons of bauxite so went for that and had 4 dedicated trains running full. Not one load came up in ledger. No chance of either AI carrying any because all of it was way up north and they were down in the deep south. Says bauxite/diamonds - what the heck are diamonds??

Anyway its a nice scenario and I shall give it another try - assuming it keeps on raining here in Blighty. :-D
andy-rails
Hobo

hi all, that's me! First diamonds are represented by bauxite (there are no diamonds in all the possible loads) and then....i know there is an error for what concerns the counting of the loads...if there is an AI active company, the counting is 0, until you can merge with this/these companies...i don't know how to correct this error, so if anyone...
BTW i think this scenario is a little difficult to start, but as soon you pass 10-15 years, you can earn so much, it becomes quite easy even if the costs for entering the other nations are quite high...thanks to all for your comments!
Andy (0!!0)
belbincolne
Engineer

Gave this a third try. Like the first the AIs did badly and soon got rid of them but unfortunately so did I :-( I easily got to Bronze but had difficulty getting near the Silver carryings - although as you said being the only company they were counting this time! When the scenario was due to finish nothing happened so looks as though the Win conditions aren't firing correctly.

Managed to carry a lot of Diesel but could get nowhere near connecting the two towns needed for Gold - still had three territories to buy into. Think I could have got one of the two but decided to spend money on an oil refinery instead. And I did build quite a lot of Industry which gave me good returns - but not enough.

Anyway enjoyed replaying it. :-) :-)
edbangor
Dispatcher

andybis wrote:hi all, that's me! First diamonds are represented by bauxite (there are no diamonds in all the possible loads) and then....i know there is an error for what concerns the counting of the loads...if there is an AI active company, the counting is 0, until you can merge with this/these companies...i don't know how to correct this error, so if anyone...
Andy (0!!0)
I've had a look in the editor and it would what you need is with the two Bauxite and the single Diesel events is to add in a "Force test against companies" trigger condition and then switch the 'Test against..." from 'all companies' to 'on screen player's company only'

For the Status (ledger) event, just do the final thing switch the 'Test against..." from 'all companies' to 'on screen player's company only'

That should fix the counting issues.
Hope that helps?
I need a little less pressure, and a little more time
"A Little More Homework" by Jason Robert Brown from 13: the Musical
andy-rails
Hobo

Thanks edbangor! Gonna try it very soon. I never used the 'Force against companies..' well just because...mmmh **!!!** ,,,i never understood the meaning eheh! Thanks :salute:
Andy
Hawk
The Big Dawg

There is a new version of this map in the archives. :salute:
Hawk