Terra Nova

Discussion about reviews and strategies for user created scenarios made for RT3 version 1.05 and earlier.
low_grade
Dispatcher

Terra Nova Unread post

Just played through this, gold in Expert just before 1900, when the scenario goal is to get CBV by 1960....

Interesting how carefully flat most of this map is, even the rivers have been sculpted to allow flat bridges, and the few mountain ridges that do interfere are mostly easy to tunnel through, again flat. The benefit of this is that I finally got to use the hell out of the Stirling!

Um, kind of boring I guess. No events or story, just plug away at meeting the goals, with ample time and resources at your disposal, and no AI's to get in the way.

Also, got gold when 4th goal (CBV) was achieved, but before 3rd goal was (PNW)... no biggie, but slight surprise. Though I was 90% of the way to PNW goal. And when poking around in the Editor, noticed that Oil usage is reduced 50%, water by 30%, and sand by 100%. So feel free to space maintenance sheds and service stations further apart. Could've used a notice of that when the game started...
arop
Dispatcher

Re: Terra Nova Unread post

**!!!** If you want me to build maps with railways with grades more than 3-4% you can count me out. Most railways seldom have grades more than 2%, except rack railways having toothbars between the rails. I hate to see bumpy track and trains negotiating grades under a 45 degree angle. Well this map may be flat. in fact it is a modified central Argentina map.... Las Pampas IS flat, and it's one of my older maps. I think I have done better since then. :salute: