New Zealand - South Island

Discussion about reviews and strategies for user created scenarios made for RT3 version 1.05 and earlier.
RayofSunshine
CEO

New Zealand - South Island Unread post

I believe this is a new topic.
Enjoyed the concept of this scenario. Normally don't like playing scenarios with mountain ranges, but struggled with them, as said, I like the concept of imagination of challenges. Let alone the time for the creation of the map itself.

The start up was slow, but it improved in economy as being played. The only farms being purchased were those of the initial city of Timaru, to try an supply the "warehouses", enhancing the available commodity exchange. Otherwise no industries were bought. I basically used all revenue to that of laying track, and did spend a lot of time trying to navigate the mountains. Did have to construct a few tunnels, some of which did not cost any more than trying to "go over" the mountain obstuctions.

Engine selections were good for traversing the terrain, both for the hilly, and well as the mountains. Just had to use good judgement in the selection. I also switched out engines in the 12-15 years, to eliminate frequent break downs.

The scenario in itself is a worthwhile creation to play. Most members will find it enjoyable. :salute: {,0,}
Wolverine@MSU
CEO

Re: New Zealand - South Island Unread post

I'm in the midst of this one too. Map needs a little "touch-up" work (rivers running uphill etc), but gameplay is really good. I found tunnels really cheap too; don't know whether price is reduced by event. One thing that would be helpful is a Status line to tell you what city connection you're currently working on. I went heavily into industry at first, and only after a few years started building track. Since PNW isn't a goal, remember to "game" the stock market and issue stock every year. Lot's of cities to connect and lots of cargo to move.