Switzerland 1950

Discussion about reviews and strategies for user created scenarios made for RT3 version 1.05 and earlier.
TheBonobo4
Brakeman

Switzerland 1950 Unread post

There doesn't seem to be a linked thread for either this or the Switzerland 1950 map, so this will have to do, but my playing so far is limited to the Switzerland 1950 map.

First of all, the map is gorgeous. Lots of trees, lakes, mountains, valleys. Though also brutal! Events that caught me out by destroying some of my tracks (fortunately no stations, and I'm not sure about trains). I can't seem to make enough money. I was doing "okay" until they asked me to haul Troops to Delemont, which I failed to do and hence received the $1.25M penalty, after which I was doomed. My save only got me to about 1970, on Expert, but there's no chance now really. A shame because, whilst the first few years were tough, I was doing pretty good. I had Zurich connected to Bern, Basel, and Chur, and was just about to connect to Lausanne on the way to Geneva.

1000 loads of Troops for Gold is a lot! And maybe I needed to buy more industry, there were some very profitable ones in this map. Also, just because I needed to create Electricity doesn't mean I had to use Electric trains, although I did only use electric locomotives. Maybe this was a mistake too?

Overall a fun map. This was my first try at it, but I definitely need to think of a strategy and/or get better at this map. Because I'm struggling with it. :-(
Edit: This map is available in the archives - Switzerland 1950