Borduria After the War

Discussion about reviews and strategies for user created scenarios made for RT3 version 1.06.
belbincolne
Engineer

Re: Borduria After the War Unread post

Well I'm in the middle of playing. Certainly a lot easier now but I'm not 100% convinced that its recording correctly.

I've connected all the towns and it says so. The record of CBV, IP and PNW appears to be working o/k.

The problem remains the 5 targets. I've only noted that I've been given four and I'm 99% certain I've done 3 of these but the Almanac says 1 completed:-
Lumber - 30 to Sylvania - no idea how I'm doing
Alcohol - 10 to We Live - had newspaper message so presumably this the one done
Iron 20 to Lusitania - I'm positive I've done this as the train has run full 3 times - i.e. 21 loads
Connect Mt Orlowe - I took this over from bankruptcy and its connected to the rest of the network

Any ideas - and whats the 5th target please?
proudcanadian
Conductor

The condition for Arboria (which is the one that is missing) is $50 million in industry profits. This will only trigger if you have connected to the nation of Arboria.
As for the ledger, the contract conditions doesn't count how many of the country missions you've completed, it counts how many overall contract conditions you've completed. (You have to finish all 5 country conditions to fulfill the 1 contract condition. This is probably the hardest contract condition to complete.)
Hope that helps. !*th_up*!
I don't drive a dogsled to work, I don't live in an igloo, and we're the SECOND LARGEST COUNTRY ON EARTH!!!
proudcanadian
Conductor

BTW, Hawk, you can remove the old version, as it still has the old bugs in it. Thanks!
I don't drive a dogsled to work, I don't live in an igloo, and we're the SECOND LARGEST COUNTRY ON EARTH!!!
belbincolne
Engineer

Thanks pc

I'd realised what the contract conditions were when I achieved the second. I've also had the message re iron so thats two of the 5 o/k - Mt Orlowe I connected by takeover so I've built an additional station there - but haven't had a newspaper message (maybe I got one originally and have forgotten). The Almanac is registering IP so maybe I also forgot that - I've been connected to Arboria from early on because the line there soon went nearly bust. Anyway playing so will advise again shortly.
belbincolne
Engineer

Well played it to the end and got Silver. Presumably I hadn't carried enough lumber to Sylvania as I didn't get a message re this. I simply must have carried more than 30 loads - mostly to Hhyle but some to Luz - both these should count. It is a problem with this last condition that the Almanac doesn't register how you're doing. Still enjoyed playing its a real nice scenario.
Hawk
The Big Dawg

proudcanadian wrote:BTW, Hawk, you can remove the old version, as it still has the old bugs in it. Thanks!
Done! :salute:
Hawk
Sugus
Engineer

Seems that I'll have to wait for V3! :oops:

After claiming most of the starting isle after about ten years, I was surprised, that - with the exception of a single one - all (other) companies had been liquidated. Of course, I soon did the unavoidable: I bought one of them. Effect: immediate access to all countries!!!

That couldn't be the truth, isn't it?
There's no business like RT business ...
proudcanadian
Conductor

I don't know what causes it, but for some reason if you buy out a liquidated company in this game, it gives you access to all territories. I don't know how to fix this other than disallowing mergers altogether, which I don't want to do. **!!!**
Sugus
Engineer

I think, that we all would go rich :-D , if we knew about the internas of RT3 ...

This way, I'll play it without reaching my hands onto other companies. Do you confirm, that this is a reasonable way?
proudcanadian
Conductor

I suppose so, but since you only get access to all territories when a company is already liquidated and you merge, you could still take over companies that are still operating.
Sugus
Engineer

Ok - I'll try this way!

Will inform about my success (or miss) later ...
Jeremy Mac Donald
Watchman

proudcanadian wrote:I don't know what causes it, but for some reason if you buy out a liquidated company in this game, it gives you access to all territories. I don't know how to fix this other than disallowing mergers altogether, which I don't want to do. **!!!**
Don't think that is true. I believe you get access to all the territory that the AI company had access to. Hence you can limit how much access one gets by limiting what each of the AI companies have access to.
proudcanadian
Conductor

I'm sure when I was creating the AI companies, I only gave them access to the nations that they respectively operated in. Since I've found that they mostly run themselves into the ground, I can't see how each company could have the $6 mill cash (I think) to buy access to all territories. The only way I can see them getting access to all territories is that they were liquidated, and thus their territorial access was expanded to all territories. This is why when you merge with a company that is still operating, you only get access to the territory it operates in.
Sugus
Engineer

Gave it another try today (and of course, played my translated version :-D ) ... hmmm ... and - at first - it seems to behave as expected. So, after there was no more doing to do on "Ariza Island", I was ready to takeover one of the "friends". Ok, first I got "my friend" in Lezama by means of some $. No proplems. But, as soon as I bought the liquidated RR X, I had access to any country. !hairpull!
Sugus
Engineer

The small story of another try ...

Repeated: buying out a liquidated company still WILL give you access to any other region - means: ALL regions!

But there are other little "problems": after having played some fifteen years I hauled over 7000 loads. Nevertheless the ledger presents:
"You have fulfilled 0 contract conditions so far." Hey! 5000 Loads should result in at least one!

Are we "******" to get more "frustration"?

(Did not check events by means of the RT3-Editor till now, and hope, not being forced to do so.)
proudcanadian
Conductor

Well, I'm honestly stumped. **!!!** I wish I knew how to fix these problems, as they have been plaguing this scenario since it was released, and I hate to leave these maps with the bugs left in them. I don't know if there's anyone out there who has any ideas, but I would very much appreciate some help. After about 3 years of playing RT3, that editor is still largely a mystery... :roll:
Sugus
Engineer

After a long, long time of doing without I gave it another try and got Silver in 1970. I ended with 10728 loads hauled, a CBV of $124 million but only with a PNW of $21 million. Seems that this PNW condition is too hard (for me).

A final correction should be made concerning the ledger, which shows "Game wide LTD Loads Hauled" instead of "LTD Company Loads Hauled". Also, it would be better to place the win events (Gold, Silver, Bronze, Lose, Status) at the very end and check for the main conditions at end of month (not at the beginning). Finally, exact informations about the state of the special tasks (e.g. number of loads of alcohol, lumber or iron already hauled) would be nice.

Nevertheless it's still a challenging scenario! !!clap!!