Ecuador - a first attempt at scenario building

Discussion about reviews and strategies for user created scenarios made for RT3 version 1.06.
pab

Re: Ecuador - a first attempt at scenario building Unread post

JayEff wrote:Привет Alex! Не волнуетесь. Мой русский - ужас! ;-)

'sohranieniem' не переводил. Мы не понимаем. :-( Спросете снова. Пишите различные слова. :idea:
Sorry, Google badly translated. I would say to map Ecuador I do not have a save and avtosave. The game immediately collapse.
JayEff
Conductor

Alex, I have not had this problem. Sorry, I cannot help.
Avien

I enjoyed playing the map. It is the first one I have downloaded and played through. I almost managed bronze, without tunneling at all and with nothing above 6 grades. I connected all the towns on the map. I think it was a lot of fun to lay track trough the Andes Mountains. Good luck on your scenario making :)

edit: One thing that felt really strange, was all the European locomotives beeing available long before their time. Therefore I chose not to use any models before their actual year of arrival.
edbangor
Dispatcher

First off, thanks to low_grade for this enjoyable map. (0!!0)

I seemed to have played slightly differently to the others on here, in that I went after the loads first, and only when they were on the way to being completed did I make the connections in the mountains. (Yes that means I built a very expencive, but lucritive tunnel between San MIguil and Macas,)

Anyway, started out with three seperate tracks linking all the ports to their nearest inland city before connecting them up, followed by connecting every town on the coast side of Ecuador. At this point I built my own lumber mill (cutting off access to those already on the map) as a cash cow.
The tunnel was built at this point,to bring fuel in from the other side (along with more lumber and produce), using a drop off system (a station at either end with just two fast trains going through the tunnel) and, in order to bring the numbers of all up, I had high priority trains running between all three ports just carrying those loads and building all the industries that needed them in those ports (and destroying all others).

By this time, it was clear produce was going to be an issue so I bought in Columbia to get their supplies which turned out to be enough.
Then, with the money rolling in, I went up in to the mountians - from both end - and made the connections.
Gold was awarded in Nov 1940.

Anyway, great map, with some fun challanges, although have to wonder if the mountinas in Ecuador are actually quite that colourful and bright. :-D
I need a little less pressure, and a little more time
"A Little More Homework" by Jason Robert Brown from 13: the Musical