New map. THABORIA, beta version

Discussion about reviews and strategies for user created scenarios made for RT3 version 1.06.
Hawk
The Big Dawg

Re: New map. THABORIA, beta version Unread post

Is this supposed to be added to the archives?
Hawk
arop
Dispatcher

!*th_up*! Yes! I,m 95% sure about this map. !$th_u$!
RayofSunshine
CEO

I did not compare the engines of the attachment, but on scanning them, they appear to be those of the original in the PopTop edition of Tycoon. Unless I missed any of which might have been that of a 'user creation'. I have been incorrect on occasion. :lol:
Hawk
The Big Dawg

You are incorrect again Ray. See my post above, at the top of this page, or at this link: viewtopic.php?p=27171#p27171.
Then see arop's reply 2 posts below mine, or at this link: viewtopic.php?p=27184#p27184

All the engines in the list are not originals.
Hawk
Hawk
The Big Dawg

This map is now available in the archives in the Other Lands section.
Hawk
RayofSunshine
CEO

With the exception of the industry of sugar, which is at 194, I have completed all the required challenges. A player has to click on the "cargo list" to find it and the coffee. So this being 1933, does a player have to play into 1950 in order to get the medals?

What I did notice was the requirement for the industries shows an amount of 500 loads to haul, but the program awards the bonus at a 300 level. Otherwise I did not find any problems in the Medium level. :salute:
RayofSunshine
CEO

I stand corrected. In 1936 I had 2 engines face to face in break downs. 1 year later they were still broken down. I tried attempts to "repace, and retire", but that did not work. The situation was cleared when I brought up the routing of their haul, highlighted 1 of the destinations, clicked on remove, and the engines started to move. By the time I got to the screen with this circumstance, there were at least a dozen engines stranded Never had that happen in any previous scenarios. *!*!*!

And I did finally get awarded the Gold in 1940. It might have been delayed as the sugar, which was mentioned as a requirement, but did not apprear on the yearly Status page, was more slowly in getting the perscribed number of hauls. **!!!**

Everything considered, I believe this is a good scenario, in terrain and its features, talent, imagination, and challenges. ::!**! !*th_up*! !!clap!!
arop
Dispatcher

!$th_u$! for your comments. In the final version, avaiable on this site, you will have a 2 mill. bonus each for hauling 1000 loads of sugar, coffee, clothing, coal or concrete from any Thaborian station to the borderstations <=40 years from game start. These challenges are optional an you can choose to ignore them, the same with the 4000/7000 miles bonus challenge. Winning one or more of the 2 mill. haulage bonuses is an extra chance to improve your PNW, besides investing in the neighboring railway systems. It can be a little tricky about hauling sugar and coffee from the sub tropical South, but I suggest some fast freights from major stations running direct to the borders, although they may not be profitable themselves. One of my principal ideas about this scenario, was trying to make trade between neighboring countries important, and to show the same railway barriers between countries as you can find in Europe, with state operated railway systems, compared to US. !*th_up*! .
RayofSunshine
CEO

This is sort of quirky Hawk pertaining to attachments. They don't always show up at the time of my post. I know that I miss things, but I have had the same situation with the Egypt, and others as well. But once they do show, which might be within the next couple viewing, they stay posted. Hence will watch for them more carefully, but thanks for the comment. :salute:
belbincolne
Engineer

Finally got round to playing this and got Gold on Expert in 1926 on V2. No problems in game play except I did get 2 crashes but when I restarted it played on O/K - the second was after I'd been awarded Gold and was trying to continue just to get the Almanac figures. I couldn't detect any flaws and the only problem with game play was that there was no Steel on the map and no iron so couldn't build one which limited Industry.
RayofSunshine
CEO

This final version played with different results. In 1895, (I cannot figure out my notes), but I know that there was some notice, and I was awarded $35K.
In 1905, and don't know if it was pertaining to getting engines "supercharged" or something for speed or traction. However, it was this year that I was intending to "replace" engines. But when I displayed the oldest and first engine, it only had "0" years of service. Now I had not replaced any engines to this date, but all the engines had years longevity, starting from "0" to "6" years. And this is in the 18th or 20th year of operations of the 16 engines in operation.
Don't remember the year, but a previous year showed the the LIP was $346K, and the following year it had dropped to $136K.
All the other calculations of commodities seemed to total correctly during all of the game play. I started some what late with the sugar and coffee, and missed their goals by a couple hundred each. The rest far exceeded goals. Just goofed.
I kept track of the engines of which there were 16 total.
Stirling - Duke - Shay - Consolidation - 8 Wheeler - 10 Wheeler - 2D2 Electric - Class 2 Mastodon - Atlantic 4-4-2
BE 5/7 Electric - H10 2-8-2 - USRA 0-8-0 Hvy Switcher - EP-2 Biysdor - 2-6-4T - Surburban Tank - P2 -
G 6/6 Crocodile Electric - J1a 4-6-4 NYC Hudson

No crashes, which makes the scenario more fun to play. LOL !*th_up*! !$th_u$!
:salute:
arop
Dispatcher

!$th_u$! very much for your comments! At the moment I'm working on a new map from the real world, a map covering Estonia, a small Baltic country dominated by Russian railway tradition. This scenario is planned to start in 1870, including Estonias independence in 1918 following to the Russian Revolution, and ending in 1940 when Stalin invaded the Country :salute: .