Arosia

Discussion about reviews and strategies for user created scenarios made for RT3 version 1.06.
RayofSunshine
CEO

Arosia Unread post

This is a scenario in both English and German, so I assume that it has been translated by Sugus, who had to have been busy with such a project. So I want to give him credit for his endeavors, and make some comments.

This scenario has a basically level terrain, lots of industry farms, and a fairly moderate challenge. A player is kept busy connecting 3 cities, but must be progressive in the additions of as many as possible purchases of both the farms and the demanding industries. The task is to attain CBV, LIP, and PNW. My comment is to initiate buying stock asap, even to the extent of maximizing the dividend when possible. In my attempt, I believe I made connections to "ALL" of the farms, and purchases a goodly number of industries, in the attempt to have an adequate CBV. The LIP will be well within the PLUS profits, but is needed for the CBV, and hence, to have an adequate revenue to maximize the dividend to meet the PNW. Not a difficult scenario, but will keep you busy.
Thanks again to Sugus.
Sugus
Engineer

Re: Arosia Unread post

The thanks have to go to arop! He is the creator of this scenario - I only translated it from English to German.
There's no business like RT business ...
Moggie
Conductor

PNW? Count me out :roll:
Moggie
Dogs have masters, cats have staff.
Trainmaster's own Skimbleshanks :)
Hawk
The Big Dawg

Ray of Sunshine wrote:This is a scenario in both English and German, so I assume that it has been translated by Sugus,
That's what it says. ;-)
Click on image to view full size
Click on image to view full size
Hawk
RayofSunshine
CEO

Sorry. Guess I can't read. Hence, I will acknowledge and give credit to both great user creators. Both deserve the credit and thanks for their talents, with my thanks and apology. :salute: {,0,}
arop
Dispatcher

!$th_u$! :-D for your comments. With this answer I'll submit my latest version. What's new?: a) A few more cities are added. b) Building density is lowered from 125% to 110%. c) A 1000 load hauling bonus for logs, coffee, cotton, rubber and ore is added. d) 3000/6000/9000 mile bonus is added. e) Vinyards and bauxite added. f) new buildings (grain elevaor, liquid storage, stockyards etc. are buildable if installed) :salute:
Sugus
Engineer

Two mistakes found in Arosia III:

The intro text talks about a PNW of $100 million for Gold, instead of the $150 million checked in the events.

The checks made for bronze should compare against a PNW of $50 million, not $100 million.
arop
Dispatcher

:oops: !$th_u$! for your comments. Got it fixed.
Sugus
Engineer

Arosia III is really more challenging than Arosia. Had to play till 1952 to get the Gold! :oops:
OilCan
Engineer

Moggie wrote:PNW? Count me out :roll:
Moggie - You can do PNW. It's not that hard. Build a prosperous railroad company, that's the first key thing. I'm sure you're very good at doing that. Own most if not all of the railroad company, that's the second key thing. That's all it takes. Plus patience.

Couple of hints: Start the game by really pinching down the outside investment to a point where you're putting in about 1/3 of the money for the company - this starts you with about 30% ownership of the company, which is a great start. Begin buying back stock very early in the game and regularly buy back stock until you own most or all of the company. Get in the habit of investing in industry, then investing in rail expansion & trains, then investing in buying back stock - and repeat this cycle. It''s not that hard.

If you have AI in the game, use your personal cash to buy their stocks, not yours...then when you own 50% or more of an AI company merge with it and maximize the buyout amount. This will jack your PNW way up.
Moggie
Conductor

Yes, I know how to attain PWN, I just don't like it.
Moggie
Dogs have masters, cats have staff.
Trainmaster's own Skimbleshanks :)
arop
Dispatcher

:-P If you don't like the PNW, then go to the editor and remove it from your copy! Do you have any other suggestions for other win conditions? Then let me hear. When downloading maps from other users, I often adapt the scenario for my own use the way I would like it! :salute:
Sugus
Engineer

I can't agree! From my point of view a scenario should be played without any modifications - exactly in the sense of the creator.
Wolverine@MSU
CEO

Sugus wrote:I can't agree! From my point of view a scenario should be played without any modifications - exactly in the sense of the creator.
Kind of like taking Huckleberry Finn and changing a certain word that "offends" some people. ^**lylgh
arop
Dispatcher

:salute: it seems Arosia III is ok for playing, and I'll ask Hawk to place it in the map archives 8-)
Hawk
The Big Dawg

Hawk