Nova Scotia v1.06 (beta)

Discussion about reviews and strategies for user created scenarios made for RT3 version 1.06.
arop
Dispatcher

Re: Nova Scotia v1.06 (beta) Unread post

!$th_u$! for your comments. I'm still working on the final version. There are still a couple of problems to be solved. I'm trying to figure out how to show the number of Nova Scotian cities (only) connected in the ledger. In trying to clip the prebuilt A.I.'s somewhat, I have given up putting restrictions on their maintenance costs, but it's still to costly for them to buy up industries for the first 25 years. Instead they will be burdoned with a lot of unpaid bonds financing the construction of their railroads. Their stocks will drop dramatically in the beginning, and the following strategy is adviseable: Buy up all the stocks you can at the right time, when they reach rockbottom, and hope the companies don't liquidate. Only try to gain control and wait until they go bankrupt. then, when their debt has become resonable and your finances are suficiently strong, it's time for merging companies or buing up the remains of liquidated companies. (in the real world Canadian National Railway was founded on the a lot of East Canadian railways having financial trouble in these days). At the moment I do some testing and it seems to work out fine :salute:
OilCan
Engineer

I'm fairly certain that you can not count just the connected cities in a single territory. There is not a condition statement which allows you to count company total cities connected by territory. I wish there was.

There is a way to solve this for your game, but it is somewhat complicated.
You have to have events which subtract the number of AI cities from your player's count of cities when a merger takes place. For example, you know that the Canada Eastern Railway has 13 cities already connected on the map. And you know that CER will not connect any new cities. When CER is merged with the player's company, an event would subtract 13 from the player's count of cities.

To do this, you will have to have a variable (such as Company Variable 1) represent the player's city count. At the end of every week, an event will test to see if CER has been taken over (Company ID=4, There is a company with ID = FALSE). When the event triggers after CER has been taken over, then the effect would be to reduce CV1 by 13 (Company Variable 1 - 13). Create a similar event for the other two AIs.

Your status and gold/silver/bronze medal events would have to test against CV1 and not the number of connected cities.

This is the only way that I can think that you can make the player connect all 78 cities in the territory of Nova Scotia.

I am going to send you a private message (PM) with some text edits for this game.
arop
Dispatcher

Attached belov you'll find the latest version of this map. Besides som text corrections (with help from Oil Can), I have decided to give up the 78 Nova Scotian city connection demand, while it cannot be shown properly in the ledger. Instead, for Bronze/Silver/Gold, merging with min. 1/2/3 companies has become mandatory. The Gold trigger is changed to every month. The unnamed warehouses do not longer show on the list, and Crystal Processing Plants demands 4 crystals before 1905 (from 1905 4 crystals + 4 crystals = 4 chemicals =8 crystals total per year). :salute: