New Scenario: Lunatic v1.0

Maps that were never completed by creators that appear to no longer be active.
Marz
Cat

New Scenario: Lunatic v1.0 Unread post

Greetings!

Here is my first scenario: a new "gold" rush on the Moon, but still a classic scenario in that you must gain wealth and haul stuff.
I'd love to hear comments and ideas on how to make it better.

The new version can be uploaded here:
download/file.php?id=2372

Thanks to everyone who has created maps before, it's really great to play the new content and expand the game. :-D
I added a little screenshot clip to give a glimpse at the map:
screenshot
screenshot
Cheers!
Marz
Last edited by Marz on Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:10 pm, edited 3 times in total.
RayofSunshine
CEO

Re: New Scenario: Lunatic v1.0 Unread post

Okay Marz,
The concept is a little different than usual, but that is what players are looking for. But I have a couple of problems which is causing me a little confusion.

Your requirement shows that the "company net worth" is the goal, but the year end ledger status page, indicates that it is not a CBV, but that of a PNW. A small indicator, but it doesn't cooincide with the "notations".

My more concern is that of the hauls of "deuterium". What commodity is to be considered? I did haul a half dozen different commodities in the 1st year, but none are given credit as to being deuterium.

Usually I don't like to play scenarios which are mountainous, but I don't expect more from what can be construde for the surface of the moon. In this case, the terrain is great, and I like the usage of the names for the different town sites.

It will be an interesting game, and maybe I missed something in the text as to that of the deuterium, and am looking forward to the contination of play. :salute: {,0,} !*th_up*!
Marz
Cat

Thanks so much for the comments!

1. The Personal Net Worth is a mistake that I will correct. Originally, I had attempted to make the scenario completely from scratch, but the AI never worked right so I cloned "New Beginnings". I forgot to modify the status message.

2. I use "Deuterium" interchangeably with Heavy Ice (deuterium is the chemical name). I'll make sure the status message refers to the commodity name to be clear.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heavy_water

3. For the most part, I tried to keep the mountain ranges somewhat moderate just to make track design somewhat interesting since there really isn't other geographical features to work around. Craters can often be spanned with bridges, but it's cheaper to just go around them.
RayofSunshine
CEO

By deduction, but don't hold me accountable, I "believe" the deuterium is ""uranium".

I checked off commodities as they were being unloaded:
lumber, steel, passengeries, fertilizer, mail, waste, chemicals, autos, tires, grain, bauxite, pulp, alcohol, toys, iron, produce, meat, and almost thought it was "rubber and plastic", from the unloaded commodities. The next batch of them gave a "nil" reaction, and continued with goods, paper, furniture, and the next time it was the commodities of "oil and uranium".

Initially I did not have any idea of where the uranium would come, so laid rails to a couple of uranium mines, as the next batch of oil got a negative responce. I believe that the uranium got in "under the fence" of notice, as it has the similar contour as that of rubber. Only a slight different color of white instead of a grayish hue.

Hope that this will help anyone testing this scenario. AND that "deuterium"it is really the uranium commodity.

Good luck. :salute: {,0,}
Marz
Cat

I think I understand the confusion. Over a year ago, I had downloaded a fun scenario called "Greening The Red Planet" which came with a modified rt3.lng file where I think it renamed "uranium" to "Heavy ice", and that is why it shows on my cargo.

Sorry about that! :-?

I'll reset my rt3.lng file back to the original and then determine if I should change my scenario goals or modify the rt3 file.
RayofSunshine
CEO

I don't know if you should change the goals or wording, although you had mentioned doing some "other" changes or additions.
In this day and age, I should have deducted that either Heavy Ice or Heavy Water would be connected to Uranium. Especially with all the news about problems with Nuclear Energy. Any way, in the wording of either the text or year end status page, the wording could be done as : Heavy Ice (uranium).
Now members such as MSU and others even knowing the abbreviations of chemicals, would not have had any confusion, it is just that some of us just don't think or deduct things that fast.
What I did notice, as usual, 1 of the 2 AIs are "really aggressive". And they also like to infiltrate into my railway system. Also as usual, the AIs tend to have such a fleet of trains, that they are "stumbling" over one another.
As stated previous, a very interesting concept of immagination and goals. :salute: {,0,}
RayofSunshine
CEO

Now I don't know if this will desire to make any changes, but I was able to get the Gold in 2034, 17 years of playing in a 50 year time frame. I believe that you had said that the Medium was easy, but I don't know what the challenge if played in Hard or Expert. I was really surprised that I had accomplished the goals is such a short time. Especially considering that the AIs were not only laying track and buying up the farms faster than I was able to just lay the minimal amount of track. Also, trying to save enough for purchasing the industries themselves.

I do condone that I made some good industry purchases in the Neclear Plants, and hauling the Uranium, once I found out that deuterium was uranium. Profits were tremendous for them, and I also purchased a few Steel Mills. Now considering that I was able to "sneak" purchases of some uranium mines before the AIs had most all already boughten, I gave them a lot of profit, as I was able to be the first or only railway at those sites to be doing the hauling.

Didn't run into any programming problems or bugs.

I enjoyed the playing of this creation, and look forward to any updates or changes. :salute: {,0,}
Marz
Cat

I have updated the scenario and provided the RT3.lng file.

Changes to this version:
1. lowered the max # of loads for warehouses and shrunk the starting size of a few towns.
2. added yearly status-related event for express train speed > 40mph
3. modified the RT3.lng

Have fun!
Attachments
lunatic.zip
version 1.1
(4.03 MiB) Downloaded 361 times
Sugus
Engineer

Possibly I was too late once more! :-D

Just played the first version (on normal) and completed within 13 years it as you can see in
Lunatic01.jpg
I concentrated first on hauling uranium (deutorium!, or -if -you like - any kind of water ^**lylgh ) and used the Class 132 only. Later, when "everything was running by itself", I replaced all (in my case 29) engines with the DD 080-X, doubled any tracks and focussed on boosting the PNW. Yes! It's PNW - nothing else. (Nevertheless, I'm not really a fan of scenarios with a PNW goal!)
All in all: was great fun to play this one! !!clap!!
There's no business like RT business ...