The Ultimate Tycoon Game - USA

Maps that were never completed by creators that appear to no longer be active.
gismoskip
Brakeman

The Ultimate Tycoon Game - USA Unread post

You like challenges? you want challenges? you'll get them with this new map! No buying or building industries - you HAVE to build a railroad first in this one! just the first challenge one is hard: within ten years, build a railroad to pittsburg, connecting it to New York, as well as connecting 30 cities, and more! every ten years of the 90 years of this map will have probems and difficulties - you're never going to have an easy time! you think this is another lazy map? forget about it, this is a new perspective on the whole game! you want challenges for RT3? you'll get them!

version 1.0 beta now out! now ready for playing!

Release notes: you can now have 0 to 10 opponents - all have the same cash as you(300,000); updated to version 1.06(made in vista - i don't think it will change anything, but just in case); might have supply - demand problems with the new cargos and indutries for 1.06 - known probems with dye production(too much); now got rid of industries altogether; added diffrent goals; last note: i bet hawk can't beat this map in expert with 10 opponents ;-) :lol: :twisted: !hairpull! ^**lylgh (with NO cheats).

note: i will post all of the new versions and releases on the first page - it's in 1.06 patch now.
Last edited by gismoskip on Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:28 pm, edited 4 times in total.
gismoskip, current RT3 player working on the maps of tomorrow for RT3. better belive it.
Blackhawk
CEO

Re: New beta testing map - need testers and feedback Unread post

Have you beta tested the map yourself at all to see how it runs?

There is an option in the editor to turn off the ability to buy industries.

How long does the map run for?
500k a year may work at least early on. However as the railroad develops 500k a year may become too much extra cash and the player may be able to expand too quickly. After a few play tests you'll figure out if it's too much, or too little etc.

For the gold it's 100million? I assume you mean company book value?

It's hard to say things to do or change without seeing the map and events.
gismoskip
Brakeman

Blackhawk wrote:Have you beta tested the map yourself at all to see how it runs?

There is an option in the editor to turn off the ability to buy industries.

How long does the map run for?
500k a year may work at least early on. However as the railroad develops 500k a year may become too much extra cash and the player may be able to expand too quickly. After a few play tests you'll figure out if it's too much, or too little etc.

For the gold it's 100million? I assume you mean company book value?

It's hard to say things to do or change without seeing the map and events.
no, 100 million REWARD. the goal is to have the bigest book value, and to connect lots of cities. the 500k a year is not for the player, it's for the opponent. it's to make the game harder. also, the map will run from 1850 - 1950 - 100 years. i might take the opponent out though - it might just be the player and the game. also, i made everything other than New York with little to no goods, kinda like mexico. the first ten years I plan to have the first deadline - connect 10 cities and have hauled 250 loads. 20 years: connect 30 cities and hauled 2,000 loads 30. years: connected New York To atlanta, New Orleans, St louis, Chicago, and Indianapolis. also must have 50 cities connected. 40 years: must have all cites connected. the rest is industries, and other things like that. (such as: 50 automobiles must have been hauled from detroit to other areas of the map) it will be a Extremely hard map on easy, and expert is cirtain doom. and i can only test this map every so often, just so you know, because i can't spend all day on it, i have some work to do in the day, i spent around 3 hours a day on it - i started this week. i'll post it later today with my new ajustments, i just need to fix some issues. i might get in the first 50 years of goals for now, the other 50 will be empty. also, there will be very little war goals, and you have to pay 100,000 every year to the gov in the civil war to help ether side, so it's not too realistic. so, i you want a historic map, this is not for you. if you want a Ultimate map, this IS the one for you. i kinda want to test my own skills with this one too. if this is to be without the AI, the goal will be 1 billion book value. O_O. one time in 81 years i had a book value of 2.3 billion, and 1.5 billion in cash, but indeed, this is to be an exiting map.
gismoskip, current RT3 player working on the maps of tomorrow for RT3. better belive it.
gismoskip
Brakeman

FULL beta testing map almost complete! also, PLEASE share your comments about this map here when it's up, i need some feedback about it. (warning: it has very few events, and most of them are essential to the map. i have not yet added in any historical info ether, and if anyone has suggestions bout that it's ok.) first i'm going to take some pics of the map, so everyonecan see how it looks, and the setting. i have changed New York a bit so it can seem more like a big city. it might or might not work . . . i'll have to see. !$th_u$! to anyone who will test this game. pics and download coming this hour.

note: it's not going to have a AI player, just insane challenges.
gismoskip
Brakeman

Blackhawk wrote:For the gold it's 100 million? I assume you mean company book value?
accually, i have a new goal now, it's 1 Billion in book value. (0!!0)
gismoskip
Brakeman

It's Done!!!! Unread post

it's done! i have no pics and i haven't tested some of the new things, but i will later today!

(file outdated, new version on first page)
Last edited by gismoskip on Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Hawk
The Big Dawg

I just had a peek at this in the editor. Maybe you should check the Event Validation and the General Validation.
It looks like there might be a few problems with your events. They may still work as is, but I'm not sure.
Hawk
gismoskip
Brakeman

Hawk wrote:I just had a peek at this in the editor. Maybe you should check the Event Validation and the General Validation.
It looks like there might be a few problems with your events. They may still work as is, but I'm not sure.
oh, i forgot about that, i need to check that, sry. i checked it before i made some changes but then i forgot after i added some things. i'll try to fix it and then upload it again.
gismoskip
Brakeman

Hawk wrote:I just had a peek at this in the editor. Maybe you should check the Event Validation and the General Validation.
hawk, i finished the de-bugging of the game. try the editor or the accual game now.
Hawk
The Big Dawg

Had another look in the editor and I think I might have found another possible glitch.
The scenario requires the hauling of autos and tires, but neither one is checked in the Industry (overall) section of the editor. That might make it a little difficult for the scenario to place those industries on the map, but I must confess that I don't remember if having those items unchecked will still allow the player to build them.
Maybe someone else can chime in on this.

Unfortunately, a scenario of this time length may preclude me from playing it due to time constraints in my personal life.
Hawk
Blackhawk
CEO

As with Hawk I don't really know how far I'd be able to get into a scenario that's 100 years to test it. I do slightly question the size of some of the cities. One thing I have noticed is that I don't think you wanted the player to be able to buy industry for the first 40 years, however, in year 1 you can buy industry at the normal price, it's not until the end of year 1/start of year 2 that the PS - you can't build/buy industries message shows up.
Hawk
The Big Dawg

With the Building Density set at 300% at the start of the game, it does make the cities a bit large.

Even after year 2, you can still buy industry, but at a mark up of 100,000%.

I did start playing this map, in medium mode, and in 1867 I have 13 cities connected, and with just the slightest bit of effort, I could have a lot more connected as I have $7,351K cash with a CBV of $27,752,844 and 27 quite profitable trains running. I had the 10 city connection done by 1864.
I have no outstanding bonds.
In medium mode I think this map is too easy. I'm going to start again in Expert mode and see how it goes for the first few years.
Hawk
Hawk
The Big Dawg

I see industry profits are zeroed out every year in the ledger and the events are set for Year to date on industry profits. Is that intentional? 20, 40, 60, and 100 mil in industry profits in a single year may be a bit of a stretch.

I'm going to put this map on hold for now. I think there's still a few things that may need correcting. ;-)
Hawk
gismoskip
Brakeman

Hawk wrote:I see industry profits are zeroed out every year in the ledger and the events are set for Year to date on industry profits. Is that intentional? 20, 40, 60, and 100 mil in industry profits in a single year may be a bit of a stretch.

I'm going to put this map on hold for now. I think there's still a few things that may need correcting. ;-)
omg, that's a BIG problem. it will be addressed tomorrow, as i need to do some other things today. sry baout that, lots of things will be messed up in that case. DON'T test the map anymore - it's severely buged in that case. **!!!** don't know how that's the case though, i might be wrong. for everyone else, i will address all problems found - and the autos? that was intentional.
gismoskip
Brakeman

Hawk wrote:With the Building Density set at 300% at the start of the game, it does make the cities a bit large.

Even after year 2, you can still buy industry, but at a mark up of 100,000%.

I did start playing this map, in medium mode, and in 1867 I have 13 cities connected, and with just the slightest bit of effort, I could have a lot more connected as I have $7,351K cash with a CBV of $27,752,844 and 27 quite profitable trains running. I had the 10 city connection done by 1864.
I have no outstanding bonds.
In medium mode I think this map is too easy. I'm going to start again in Expert mode and see how it goes for the first few years.
i'll set them to 200%. yea, i couldn't find a way to disable industries completely TEMPERARALLY - so i made that the case. i'll re-set the cities. i could have all 85 connected by 1870 though, as far as i'm involved, and a CBV of 100 million. it's easy on a map like this. i'm gonna tweak it some more - don't worry. i plan to make it hard for an expirienced player on easy. but keep this in mind - you win nothing if you have under 250 million book value. and to get the gold, you need 1 billion.
Hawk
The Big Dawg

gismoskip wrote:
Hawk wrote:I see industry profits are zeroed out every year in the ledger and the events are set for Year to date on industry profits. Is that intentional? 20, 40, 60, and 100 mil in industry profits in a single year may be a bit of a stretch.

omg, that's a BIG problem. it will be addressed tomorrow, as i need to do some other things today. sry baout that, lots of things will be messed up in that case. DON'T test the map anymore - it's severely buged in that case. **!!!** don't know how that's the case though, i might be wrong. for everyone else, i will address all problems found - and the autos? that was intentional.
The industry profits should be lifetime to date, not year to date. ;-)

Just make sure you don't try to go over 2.1 billion for anything in the scenario. The game can't handle anything larger than 2.1 billion.
See this thread for an explanation.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2136
Hawk
gismoskip
Brakeman

Hawk wrote:
gismoskip wrote: omg, that's a BIG problem. it will be addressed tomorrow, as i need to do some other things today. sry baout that, lots of things will be messed up in that case. DON'T test the map anymore - it's severely buged in that case. **!!!** don't know how that's the case though, i might be wrong. for everyone else, i will address all problems found - and the autos? that was intentional.
The industry profits should be lifetime to date, not year to date. ;-)

Just make sure you don't try to go over 2.1 billion for anything in the scenario. The game can't handle anything larger than 2.1 billion.
See this thread for an explanation.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2136
i've done 50 billion before . . . . . . . . and my problem? everything was set YTD in the game. omg. that in so lame of me.i TOTALLY need to fix it. i'll fix it later today, i have a MUCH more inportant thing to do than sit around and work on maps right now.
gismoskip
Brakeman

YAY!!! i have now downloaded v1.06 for this game! it's been buggy, but i got it on there . . . i haven't tryed to play it yet though, going to try it now. go RT3! (also, i'm going to be using v1.06 for the new game, i should work out, with some tweaking. ::!**! )
Hawk
The Big Dawg

Did you set up multiple installs? An install for 1.05 and a separate install for 1.06?

It really shouldn't have been buggy. It's really pretty easy to set up a 1.06 install.
What bugs did you run into?
Hawk
gismoskip
Brakeman

Hawk wrote:Did you set up multiple installs? An install for 1.05 and a separate install for 1.06?

It really shouldn't have been buggy. It's really pretty easy to set up a 1.06 install.
What bugs did you run into?
omg, now i can't get RT3 to run at all! i really need help now! ok, this is what happened. i downloaded the 1.05 patch and 1.06 and installed them, but then when i try to run it it starts that disk spinny thing, but is doesn't do anything! i can do nothing but restart the computer, and then i try it again, and it still dosn't work. I have no idea what's going on! so, i uninstall the game, EVERYTHING, the whole folder, then re-install it and it does the same thing! without the 1.06 or 1.05 patch installed! all i had was coast to coast and 1.04 patch, which is what i had before all this, and i DID run with that - for nearly 4 years! what's going on?