The Ultimate Tycoon Game - USA

Maps that were never completed by creators that appear to no longer be active.
Hawk
The Big Dawg

Re: New beta testing map - need testers and feedback Unread post

gismoskip wrote:
Hawk wrote:Did you set up multiple installs? An install for 1.05 and a separate install for 1.06?

It really shouldn't have been buggy. It's really pretty easy to set up a 1.06 install.
What bugs did you run into?
omg, now i can't get RT3 to run at all! i really need help now! ok, this is what happened. i downloaded the 1.05 patch and 1.06 and installed them, but then when i try to run it it starts that disk spinny thing, but is doesn't do anything! i can do nothing but restart the computer, and then i try it again, and it still dosn't work. I have no idea what's going on! so, i uninstall the game, EVERYTHING, the whole folder, then re-install it and it does the same thing! without the 1.06 or 1.05 patch installed! all i had was coast to coast and 1.04 patch, which is what i had before all this, and i DID run with that - for nearly 4 years! what's going on?
Let's keep the problems you're having confined to the other thread you started on this. ;-)

viewtopic.php?f=36&t=3275

BTW! The Coast to Coast Expansion is Version 1.04.
Hawk
RayofSunshine
CEO

A player is penalized in revenue due to the extravagant percentage of the industrial cost, and even that of building purchases. I usually buy a Post Office at the time I establish a City/Depot. However, when the cost goes from
$40K to $40,050K, all mail hauls will be penalized, due to the cost of every succession of expanding a network.

The connection of cities is doable, but with the industrial cost for the LIP goal, I believe is somewhat out of reach.

If I am reading the last e-mail correctly, I have my doubts of connecting 85 cities at an earlier date, and still try to attain some satisfaction of obtaining any industrial facilities.

Was enjoying the scenario, and had purchased a "steel mill" for $1,700k, located a "tool and die" for $1,700k, but then in 5 years it went from $1,700K to $5,500K. In 10 years it was $8,375K.

A lot of thought went into this scenario, but getting medals will be a wonder for the best of the Tycoons. :salute:
gismoskip
Brakeman

Ray of Sunshine wrote:A player is penalized in revenue due to the extravagant percentage of the industrial cost, and even that of building purchases. I usually buy a Post Office at the time I establish a City/Depot. However, when the cost goes from
$40K to $40,050K, all mail hauls will be penalized, due to the cost of every succession of expanding a network.

The connection of cities is doable, but with the industrial cost for the LIP goal, I believe is somewhat out of reach.

If I am reading the last e-mail correctly, I have my doubts of connecting 85 cities at an earlier date, and still try to attain some satisfaction of obtaining any industrial facilities.

Was enjoying the scenario, and had purchased a "steel mill" for $1,700k, located a "tool and die" for $1,700k, but then in 5 years it went from $1,700K to $5,500K. In 10 years it was $8,375K.

A lot of thought went into this scenario, but getting medals will be a wonder for the best of the Tycoons. :salute:
just so you know, the game is going to be postponed for it bit, i'm trying to STILL get it to work. i have vista now, and it's still buggy. i could get the 85 cities connected in ten years, just so you know. i wanted to make New York a industry base because i wanted a smooth start, but still make it dificult as you get into it. also, i will be working on the industry dificulties. i might make it so it is allowed to do indutries - but not worth it in the begining - as in the first 5 years or so. also, the industry profits were for lifetime - not for one year. that was not supossed to happen. i'll probablly work on it this week, if i can get RT3 to work.

Ps: i think this is an easy map, even with getting 100,000,000 in 1 year. (and that was a bug) if you think that this is going to be THAT hard, i think that i am the RT3 king. lol
gismoskip, current RT3 player working on the maps of tomorrow for RT3. better belive it.
gismoskip
Brakeman

ok guys! after dealing with an annoying computer that hates RT3 (it does) i have 1.06 patch installed! i will continue work tommorow evening. things i plan to add on:

ask for 85 cities in 20 years;
fix some minor bugs(or not so minor);
ask for 40 cities in 10 years;
make goods more common;
update it to 1.06;(maybe TM if i ever get that)
have more offers;

notes about 1.06 patch: the mongul loco was invented in 1856!!!! why is it on 1880s? consolidation loco also was invented in the 1870s. not 1865! The Amarican loco was invented in 1847 - not 1855! i'm sorry about being annoying, but i hate it when people get their train history wrong. i know my train history - i'm not wrong. i have a book from 1894 - a train encyclopedia! (for the interested ^**lylgh ) and it said that those locos were first made then - no offence, you have a few problems with these things.
gismoskip, current RT3 player working on the maps of tomorrow for RT3. better belive it.
Blackhawk
CEO

In most cases the locomotive dates aren't meant to be the exact dates. It's meant to be more of a general period when that style of train came into existence and become produced. Since we can't have every locomotive, often a locomotive name is used more in a general sense that that locomotive represents the larger class of locomotives with similarities. Also keep in mind that it is a game, and so there may also be some balancing that occurred to make sure locomotives had a useful life span and weren't only good for a couple years, or that there weren't long droughts between new locomotives.
gismoskip
Brakeman

Blackhawk wrote:In most cases the locomotive dates aren't meant to be the exact dates. It's meant to be more of a general period when that style of train came into existence and become produced. Since we can't have every locomotive, often a locomotive name is used more in a general sense that that locomotive represents the larger class of locomotives with similarities. Also keep in mind that it is a game, and so there may also be some balancing that occurred to make sure locomotives had a useful life span and weren't only good for a couple years, or that there weren't long droughts between new locomotives.
i get the idea - but i like accurate trains. i am an expert on them. anyway, i'm going to accually be working on it soon - around 4:00 PM EST.(US) also, i think i'm going to turn this into a series - i'll have one for US, Germany, Russia, China, France, Britian, Spain, and more! it's gonna be awesome! (just an idea)
gismoskip
Brakeman

Re: The Ultimate Tycoon Game - USA Unread post

check out my new version! beta tested and palyable! download on first page! ::!**!
OilCan
Engineer

I played the first 10 years. My status is posted below. Click on it to enlarge it.
1870.JPG
I was able to connect 51 cities thus far. You can see the cities I've connected in the mini map. Should make the 90 city connection without a problem. Running 112 trains which is more than 2 per city - should have about 200 or so trains with 90 cities.
I have 3 AI playing with me. They are doing well which indicates that the map is rich with resources. Usually, AI struggle unless there are lots of resources (cargo) to haul. Will wait for a recession to buy the first one out.
You can see that my company book value is about $60M in 10 years. That's incredible growth - again an indicator of lots of resources on a map. My stock splits about every year. I have no problem in gaining company cash. Should get the $20M by step 4 with no problem. I will have to buy out the AI which will cost me some company cash.
My haul numbers are low - as to be expected at the start of a game. Will be interested if I can achieve 100,000 in 40 years.
Overall, an enjoyable and compelling game.

Here's some comments and edits:
1) Disable houses, hospitals, museums, churches, schools and such in the editor. These are available for the player to build and you probably don't want that.
2) Remove the condition Game Variable 1= 1 as a condition in "great job" event. The event will not trigger since GV1=0 at the start of a game.
3) You may want to consider offering the new engine later in the game. I was spending all my meager cash on keeping my fledging company afloat when the offer came along - I had to refuse it cause I was too poor at that point.
4) Company profit is not shown on the ledger (but is a requirement for 1910)
5) There are 14 cities which have no industry at all. You may want to reconsider this. Over the long time period of this game, these cities should develop industries of some sort.
6) And, on the same note, you have set the build densities on key large cities (like Chicago) at about 500%. This will create HUGE cities over time. You may want to start the game off with the large cities at about 200-250% and let them grow over time.
7) The map is very well colored - very vivid. I would be interested in knowing how you made it. The only drawback is that the terrain is very 'bumpy' in places where it should be smoother. I noticed deep pits and oddly high hills in several places. You may want to sweep the 'smoothing tool' over these areas.
8) Lastly, the requirement to connect New York to Pittsburg and then Chicago forces the player to start building East to West in the northern states - in otherwords it sets the same path of connections each time one plays the game. You may want to switch Chicago with New Orleans or Atanta to force the player to spread out in all directions.

Overall, I'm enjoying the game. I'm not sure I can complete the entire 90 years (and I thought Arop created long games!), but I'll give it a try.
RayofSunshine
CEO

I was playing some RT2 WNE series, and the the Dawonia, so didn't get back to this one for a time. I forgot to mention in previous e-mail, that I believe the mention of "no industries for 40 years", should be put into the goals ledger. I had purchased a steel mill in PIT prior to that notice, and then for years during previous testing, my LIP kept going into constant increased debt each year. Don't know about the up dated version yet, as I have not downloaded it. :salute: {,0,}
gismoskip
Brakeman

OilCan wrote:I played the first 10 years. My status is posted below. Click on it to enlarge it.
1870.JPG
I was able to connect 51 cities thus far. You can see the cities I've connected in the mini map. Should make the 90 city connection without a problem. Running 112 trains which is more than 2 per city - should have about 200 or so trains with 90 cities.
I have 3 AI playing with me. They are doing well which indicates that the map is rich with resources. Usually, AI struggle unless there are lots of resources (cargo) to haul. Will wait for a recession to buy the first one out.
You can see that my company book value is about $60M in 10 years. That's incredible growth - again an indicator of lots of resources on a map. My stock splits about every year. I have no problem in gaining company cash. Should get the $20M by step 4 with no problem. I will have to buy out the AI which will cost me some company cash.
My haul numbers are low - as to be expected at the start of a game. Will be interested if I can achieve 100,000 in 40 years.
Overall, an enjoyable and compelling game.

Here's some comments and edits:
1) Disable houses, hospitals, museums, churches, schools and such in the editor. These are available for the player to build and you probably don't want that.
2) Remove the condition Game Variable 1= 1 as a condition in "great job" event. The event will not trigger since GV1=0 at the start of a game.
3) You may want to consider offering the new engine later in the game. I was spending all my meager cash on keeping my fledging company afloat when the offer came along - I had to refuse it cause I was too poor at that point.
4) Company profit is not shown on the ledger (but is a requirement for 1910)
5) There are 14 cities which have no industry at all. You may want to reconsider this. Over the long time period of this game, these cities should develop industries of some sort.
6) And, on the same note, you have set the build densities on key large cities (like Chicago) at about 500%. This will create HUGE cities over time. You may want to start the game off with the large cities at about 200-250% and let them grow over time.
7) The map is very well colored - very vivid. I would be interested in knowing how you made it. The only drawback is that the terrain is very 'bumpy' in places where it should be smoother. I noticed deep pits and oddly high hills in several places. You may want to sweep the 'smoothing tool' over these areas.
8) Lastly, the requirement to connect New York to Pittsburg and then Chicago forces the player to start building East to West in the northern states - in otherwords it sets the same path of connections each time one plays the game. You may want to switch Chicago with New Orleans or Atanta to force the player to spread out in all directions.

Overall, I'm enjoying the game. I'm not sure I can complete the entire 90 years (and I thought Arop created long games!), but I'll give it a try.
Great! i'll fix those problems and beta test my map with a few opponents. oh, and the 90 years is to make it challenging(and long) - and i think it worked. the company profit? you can see it in the section of the stocks-bonds issuing subsections - it's in the top sub-section, and shows you the profit over your company's lifetime. also, i need to change the passenger requirement - it's a bit high. (10,000 should be about right)
gismoskip
Brakeman

Ray of Sunshine wrote:I was playing some RT2 WNE series, and the the Dawonia, so didn't get back to this one for a time. I forgot to mention in previous e-mail, that I believe the mention of "no industries for 40 years", should be put into the goals ledger. I had purchased a steel mill in PIT prior to that notice, and then for years during previous testing, my LIP kept going into constant increased debt each year. Don't know about the up dated version yet, as I have not downloaded it. :salute: {,0,}
sorry about the last version - it was really bugged. i'll have a new version out tonight, it will address all the new problems found.
gismoskip
Brakeman

gismoskip wrote:
Ray of Sunshine wrote:I was playing some RT2 WNE series, and the the Dawonia, so didn't get back to this one for a time. I forgot to mention in previous e-mail, that I believe the mention of "no industries for 40 years", should be put into the goals ledger. I had purchased a steel mill in PIT prior to that notice, and then for years during previous testing, my LIP kept going into constant increased debt each year. Don't know about the up dated version yet, as I have not downloaded it. :salute: {,0,}
sorry about the last version - it was really bugged. i'll have a new version out tonight, it will address all the new problems found.
nvm, it'll be out tonight, i was looking at another map at this point. sorry! also, i found that the "lose" events were bugged quite bad, i need to fix that. also, i might get rid of the "no industries allowed" sign. lol. last but not least, i will ask for the connections of these three cities within 10 years(have to be connected): New York, New Orleans, Chigago, St. Louis, and Richmand. after that, i will require them to connect 50 cities, have 10,000,000 in industry profits, haul 100 loads of steel, and more requirements!(just the first 10 years will take at least 10 requirements with my new version. lol!) just so you know, i've never made a map before, and also, noting that someone said something about the map, i got it(the city locations, all the basic stuff, the hills, valleys) from one of the original maps, and it's nothing too interesting.

notes: i will make one type of warehouse/port avalible for your company to build - it's a suply-demand one that will be very inportant if you want to win this game.
gismoskip
Brakeman

new version out! will work until 1950!(i think - might not work with anything 1880+, my current test year is 1873)

also, big news - you can build industries! it's 50% more expencive though.
gismoskip
Brakeman

gismoskip wrote:You like challenges? you want challenges? you'll get them with this new map! No buying or building industries - you HAVE to build a railroad first in this one! just the first challenge one is hard: within ten years, build a railroad to pittsburg, connecting it to New York, as well as connecting 30 cities, and more! every ten years of the 90 years of this map will have probems and difficulties - you're never going to have an easy time! you think this is another lazy map? forget about it, this is a new perspective on the whole game! you want challenges for RT3? you'll get them!

version 1.0 beta now out! now ready for playing!

Release notes: you can now have 0 to 10 opponents - all have the same cash as you(300,000); updated to version 1.06(made in vista - i don't think it will change anything, but just in case); might have supply - demand problems with the new cargos and indutries for 1.06 - known probems with dye production(too much); now got rid of industries altogether; added diffrent goals; last note: i bet hawk can't beat this map in expert with 10 opponents ;-) :lol: :twisted: !hairpull! ^**lylgh (with NO cheats).

note: i will post all of the new versions and releases on the first page - it's in 1.06 patch now.
hello? i know someone has downloaded the new version. anyone here now? lol
Hawk
The Big Dawg

I did. Just haven't had the time necessary to play it. I'm a bit busy right now, and for the next few days, working on moving another site to a new server and I'm having a few problems.
Hawk
gismoskip
Brakeman

Hawk wrote:I did. Just haven't had the time necessary to play it. I'm a bit busy right now, and for the next few days, working on moving another site to a new server and I'm having a few problems.
ok, also i am going to work on a map about germany 1919-1939, the end of WW1-the begining of WW2. it'll be a "rebuilding" map. i will have one more update for this map though. i'll make it once i have player reveiws to see.
Lama
Brakeman

Just wanted to voice my appreciation that you are making maps for this game! Haven't looked at it yet, as I am not going to get to test-drive it anytime soon; but just wanted to leave a note of encouragement.
gismoskip
Brakeman

Lama wrote:Just wanted to voice my appreciation that you are making maps for this game! Haven't looked at it yet, as I am not going to get to test-drive it anytime soon; but just wanted to leave a note of encouragement.
yea. i'm working on a new map; it's called "railway of fame". it's a overall hard map. it's going to be more expansion and rail building than anything else - there are no goals in the begining - but you have lots of mini goals - (inspired by greece 1857 map) and you have to get "prestige points" - some are worth more than others, but all of them are hard to get. if you want to win gold you need 100 - yes, 100! if you want to get silver, you need 90. bronze? 80. there are a total of 105 points to get - so if you want to win gold, you have a LITTLE slack. like the idea?

Ps; this map? it's going to have some fixing up before it's ready to send to the map collection. also, my other map is in the southwest.