RRT 3 - Trainmaster

General discussion about TrainMaster
nedfumpkin
CEO

Re: RRT 3 - Trainmaster Unread post

WPandP wrote:NedF-

Thanks for packaging all this up like this! However, I do need to report that my last name is incorrectly spelled, in the PDF; there is no "D" in my name. I get that all the time, sometimes I don't even bother to correct it, but as I'm kind of proud of my contributions to this effort I'd prefer accuracy.

Ideally you should just change the way you spell your name, but since you did so much of the initial work, I'll fix the pdf tonight so that people don't think there are two of you. :)

Sorry about that.
nedfumpkin
CEO

Here's the new pdf file.

I'm also uploading a new zip file as soon as it is zipped. This fixes some problems with the C era cars, it also includes tga files for the A, B, C, and D eras so that people can make their own skins.

Edit....made a couple more changes to the pdf file. I meant to zip of everything last night but it got late, so I am preparing everything to upload now. I decided to include the utilities for making and unpacking PK4 files.
Attachments
Trainmaster_Passenger_Carriages.pdf
(1.64 MiB) Downloaded 204 times
nedfumpkin
CEO

Over the weekend I worked on mail cars and troop cars, and decided that I am going to package everything as country specific now rather than a mixed bag. I've decided to split the mail cars and troop cars into 8 eras, and their dates overlap each other and the passenger carriages by a few years.

I also managed to create the 1960s black and white CN passenger carriages and mail car. Some day I'll make a matching locomotive skin for it. These are the trains I longed to ride on when I was a kid.

Oh, and the full weights on the current passenger carriages has a few errors so some of the cars don't gain weight when full. I'll upload the fix when I finish things and upload them. Hopefully by next weekend, but let's see what this week visits upon me from the dark side of the universe.
nedfumpkin
CEO

Still working on the express car modules by country...Hopefully I'll be done by next weekend. Here's some pics of the F era and G era skins for the Canadian coaches.

"The Canadian" from CP Rail in 1951. I'm still working on a way to make the dome car as the diner. For now the same carriage is for both.
cc51.jpg

The 1961 CN black and white coach that was used until Via Rail came about in 1980 and they all got painted blue.
cc61.jpg
I am going to try to make corresponding skins for some locomotives to go with these.
Grandma Ruth
CEO

I've downloaded the Municipal Buildings to 1.06, but 1.05 just doesn't like them or the Railyard Structures. How can this be? **!!!** !hairpull! **!!!**
nedfumpkin
CEO

The municipal buildings have both 1.05 and 1.06 files. Make sure you've put to 1.05 bca and bty files in for 1.05.
Grandma Ruth
CEO

I was very careful about that. Do they both have the same PK4 file?
nedfumpkin
CEO

Yes, the buildings are the same but the bca and bty files are different. Do you have an other station buildings installed" You should probably remove them.
Grandma Ruth
CEO

No, I have absolutely nothing installed. I got so frustrated with it all that I uninstalled RT3 completely and started again. I've now got 4 folders, each with a different version. The 1.05 just has the Coast to Coast and the 1.05 patch. I haven't even re-installed the Gwizz port, one of the very earliest mods. **!!!**
nedfumpkin
CEO

I've been racking my brain trying to figure it out when it finally came to me this morning....1.06 allows users to build municipal buildings. I consider this a flaw in the patch, however, in 1.05 the buildings will spawn as the city grows, so you should only see them listed while in editor mode, not in game play.
Wolverine@MSU
CEO

nedfumpkin wrote:I've been racking my brain trying to figure it out when it finally came to me this morning....1.06 allows users to build municipal buildings. I consider this a flaw in the patch, however, in 1.05 the buildings will spawn as the city grows, so you should only see them listed while in editor mode, not in game play.
1.06 only allows players to build these if they're checked in the Editor, so I would consider it more of a "feature" than a "flaw".
nedfumpkin
CEO

I see...I don't play 1.06 so I wrote out of ignorance. These building aren't buildable, so they can be spawned only.
Wolverine@MSU
CEO

Not quite Ned. They all now appear on the "buildable indistries" list in the Editor, and if they are checked, then the player can build them when playing a scenario. If they are left unchecked, then they spawn at startup, and throughout the game based on the 10-year interval sliders.
nedfumpkin
CEO

Okay, good to know....I have a new computer on the horizon so I am hoping that I will be able to run 1.06 at some point. I'm still focused on Trainmaster, and eventually I'll have it finished....it's just that there is sooo much I want to do in this.

But in any case, the municipal buildings won't be listed as industry in 1.05, but they will spawn, and they seem to relate very well to the local industry, and the map overall. At least from what I have seen.
BikerTim
Brakeman

I did not realize something so big was in the works here. I am going to have to monitor this board. As soon as I can get RT3 and the internet back up working at my home computer, I will want to try this. !*th_up*!
Life is not fair, but it is still good.
canis39
Brakeman

There's almost always something big going on here. :)
like fantasy football? check out Goal Line Blitz! http://goallineblitz.com/game/signup.pl?ref=28815200'
visit my mini city: http://salt-rock.myminicity.com/
nedfumpkin
CEO

And the good news is that I transferred all the Trainmaster files over to Windows Vista and everything works fine!
nedfumpkin
CEO

teaser shot....
Attachments
teaser.jpg
Gandar
Brakeman

Your marketing strategies are working, I am itching to play Trainmaster, any idea on when it will be ready for release with all your pretty eye candy.
Can't wait to try it out.
I got up and the world was still here, isn't that wonderful ?
arop
Dispatcher

:-? Now, that Rail Mogul seams dead and gone, I looking forward too. I hope that time, I can use RRT3 version 1.06. :salute: