Close announcement>
If you need to contact an administrator about account activation (or resurrection)
the email address is: admin @ hawkdawg . com (remove the four blank spaces).
The activation emails should hopefully work now (have changed some settings).

Borawian Islands are coming to MSTS!

Discussion of anything, within reason (no politics or religion, please).
bonan
Hobo

Borawian Islands are coming to MSTS!

Unread post by bonan »

Hello! I downloaded the map "Borawian Islands" some time ago, and I really liked it! In fact, it inspired me to turn it into an MSTS route. Not the whole map, of course, but the part where the east - west mainline crosses the Borawian strait, bethween Creza and Gathoma.

In my imagination this is a very, very busy electrified 4-track mainline with high operating speeds. The route will have swedish signals as I am familiar with them, but the scenery is absolutely not swedish! ;-)

Here are some screenshots, and I am hoping to have the route released in about a week! :-)

All feedback are welcome! :-D

thietavu
Conductor

Re: Borawian Islands are coming to MSTS!

Unread post by thietavu »

Very, very nice looking work!! :)
AMD Phenom X6 1090T @3.9GHz, 16GB DDR3-1600 RAM, Asus Crosshair Formula IV mb, Radeon HD7870, Samsung 850EVO SSD, M-Audio AP192, Windows 10-64, Railroad Tycoon 3 1.06. & TM, Train Simulator 2016, MSTS + many add-ons, Trainz!
Hawk
The Big Dawg

Unread post by Hawk »

Looks good for an MSTS route.
Hawk
arop
Dispatcher

Unread post by arop »

:salute: awesome, very impressive :!: I think you are right about how Borawian Railways could have developed up to date: A possible development past 1950, when my scenario ends could have been as follows: In the late 1930's the trunklines Harwan/Luacha to Gathoma was electrified with 15.000 KW, 16,3 Hz in an attemt to increase capacity, and from that time, only a few new steam locomotives were built. The first diesels appeared in the early 1950's, but until the 1970's a few steam engines still lingered on operating freight trains on secondary lines. A contrast to the trunk line to Gathoma is the (important) secondary line between Luacha to Moa, being a scenic train ride with lots of tunnels crossing many fertile valleys. This line is run by railcars (passengers) and diesels (freight). During the period 1965-75 many secondary lines were closed and The Borawian network became somewhat trunkated. After many years of decay, steps were taken to upgrade the surving system in the years 1995-2005. :salute:
bonan
Hobo

Unread post by bonan »

Thank you all, glad you like it! :-D
bonan
Hobo

Unread post by bonan »

The route is now aviable at uktrainsim.com. It will soon also be aviable at train-sim.com. :-)
bonan
Hobo

Unread post by bonan »

The route is now also aviable at train-sim.com. Search for "Crossing the Borawian Strait". :-)
bonan
Hobo

Unread post by bonan »

I have continued working on the route, eastwards from Gathoma towards Garath. :-D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glQDZTQvkJw
bonan
Hobo

Unread post by bonan »

The route is now 22 km long, and a extension is to be released in a few days. Here is a video:

http://www.youtube.com/user/bonan960623 ... sJ1dMer4BQ

Comments are greatly appriciated! :-D
bonan
Hobo

Unread post by bonan »

bonan
Hobo

Unread post by bonan »

WOW, suddenly this litte route has become 43 km long and is still growing... I am now working on the city of Gharath, and the great terminus there. I have also built a few kilomters where the track runs directly by the sea, and I really wish i where there, instead of snowy, cold Sweden... :mrgreen:

bonan
Hobo

Unread post by bonan »

More in the blog!
http://blillpers.bloggo.nu/
:salute: