A small, cozy house

Discussion of anything, within reason (no politics or religion, please).
Hawk
The Big Dawg

A small, cozy house Unread post

Do you live alone (grindre :mrgreen: )?
Here's the place for you.

Click on image to view full size
Living room, looking toward the front of the house
Living room, looking toward the rear.
Kitchen, looking toward the rear.
Hawk
Hawk
The Big Dawg

Re: A small, cozy house Unread post

Bedroom, with Murphy bed, looking toward the rear.
Bedroom, looking toward the front with Murphy bed up.
Fenced in patio.
This house is located in Toronto and is sitting on a lot that used to be a driveway.
It's 7.25 feet (2.2 metres) wide and 113.67 feet (34.6 metres)
long and has an interior area of just under 300 square feet (under 28
square metres).

You can have this fine house for a mere $179,900.00!
Hawk
Gwizz
CEO

The side windows must have been required by the building code.

Not a bad price if the house was built with gold bricks.
thegrindre
Engineer

Yes I do... It's perfect, except for the price. :lol:

Somebody's gotta be nuts to ask for that much money! !*th_dwn*!
a.k.a. Rick

At my age, 'Happy Hour' is a nap...
Hawk
The Big Dawg

The nuttier ones would be the ones that pay that much money. :roll:
Hawk
Capn Twisted
Hobo

NExt time I am to Toronto, I will get a picture of my friends old house (from when I was a teenager).... it was10 or 12 ft wide I believe, but 3 stories tall... wedged right in between 2 houses, much like this...... also... here in the falls, there is what we call the "dollhouse" which is in fact rented out.... I'll get a picture of that one next week sometime.

BTW in Toronto 179.000.00 is immensely cheap. It is next to impossible to find much of anything under 1mil.

http://www.remaxhallmark.com/RESF/REDet ... 21248&r=16

http://www.remaxhallmark.com/RESF/REDet ... 17041&r=38

Definitely not much for under 300k...; even fixer uppers..... of course a bachelor apartment in Toronto central... which was actually just a housekeeping room (a room with a fridge and hotplate) with a shared bathroom was going for $750.00/month last time I looked... which was November 2001.

I haven't checked... but I'm betting real estate in Calgary is even worse... they have a 125% occupancy rate... owing to the job boom there. Even pizza places are paying $15 an hour in some places of Alberta.
Women want a lot of things from one man. Conversely, men want one thing from a lot of women.
KevinL
Dispatcher

Why would anyone want to live in Toronto or Calgary? Its too ****** cold! **!!!**
Computer: 3.2GHz i3, 6.0GB Ram, 1.5TB HD, Win7, RRT3:1.06, SMRR:1.10
Currently playing: RRT3 - Campaign Scenerios
Currently creating: RRT3 - Southwest scenerio
proudcanadian
Conductor

*sigh* yet another Canadian stereotype at work... :roll:

Toronto is NOT all that cold. In fact, it's almost on the same line of latitude as Northern California !*00*!
They get a lot less snow than the rest of us, they have a pretty mild winter compared to the rest of the country. The summer is EXTREMELY hot, some days getting up into the high 30's celsuis (around 90 farenheight for those of you who are still using the imperial system *!*!*! )
Calgary on the other hand, I wouldn't know. I've never been there.
All I want to say is that yes, north of the border, there is such a thing as summer. And for the rest, read my sig.
I don't drive a dogsled to work, I don't live in an igloo, and we're the SECOND LARGEST COUNTRY ON EARTH!!!
WPandP
Engineer

Toronto is NOT all that cold.
What with all the global warming going on, Toronto's probably pretty nice these days, right? Once the sea level rises and inundates Amtrak's northeast corridor routes, all those rich New Englanders are gonna need some cozy place to go...
=Winchester, Paston & Portsmouth=
====== We Provide Pride! ======
wsherrick
Engineer

How cold a place seems to a person is relative. Maybe Toronto isn't cold to an Eskimo, but to somebody from say New Orleans or Houston, it would be pretty darn cold. And I am quite happy being "backward" by "still" using the imperial weights and measures thank you very much. ::!**!
thegrindre
Engineer

I noticed the word 'snow' in the above posts. THAT, alone scares me, let alone that price... !*00*!
a.k.a. Rick

Canadian Viking
Brakeman

I've lived in Calgary and the winters are very liveable for the north country. I was in Airdire on the weekend, just 10 miles north of Calgary. They had about 4 or 5 inches of snow on the ground. Coldest temperature of the night was -24 C., which is about -11 F. But we were in a cold snap. A chinook (warm dry wind that blows off the Pacific and over the mountains) is blowing in and I expect Calgary will be above the freezing mark in a day or two. Chinooks keep the snow levels down and moderate the temperatures through much of the winter. You want cold, go to Regina or Winnipeg, which are both further south than Calgary. But they are too far inland to get chinooks. Right now it is 8 F. in Minneapolis, and 27 F. in both Calgary and Chicago! And Chicago has a lot more humidity so it feels colder. :lol:
Gwizz
CEO

A few years ago, I read or was told that the largest mall in the world was at that time, I think, at Edmonton. It was like a city under one roof. A transit train ran through the length of it. It had housing units, and every type of store and entertainment facility you can think of. That a person could live and work within the mall and never have to wear a jacket or have a need to leave the mall except to go snow skiing or water skiing or travel to another city by rail. !**yaaa

Someone joked that it was so big, they were going to put a big door at one end so aircraft could fly in and land. :mrgreen:
Last edited by Gwizz on Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wsherrick
Engineer

I have spent some of the coldest winters of my life in Chicago where I lived for seven years. But the coldest temperature I have ever experienced was in KNOXVILLE TENNESSEE in January of 1985. The actual temp. was -24 degrees. On that day it was the coldest spot in the US. Of course, I had an evil carbon emitting coal stove which kept the house toasty warm. :-D In fact when the power went out in the area, I suddenly had a bunch of visitors shivering on the front porch for some reason. !*00*!
wsherrick
Engineer

Image Me and "Ethel," (the evil carbon emitting coal stove) she kept us warm no matter how cold it was outside.
Hawk
The Big Dawg

I was raised outside of Chicago until I was 15. Now I'm 56 and when it hits 30 (that's Fahrenheit) down here in Georgia it's too cold for me. ;-)
We rarely get into single digit temps here and not very often do we get into the teens-maybe 10 days a year, thank goodness.
Hawk
KevinL
Dispatcher

proudcanadian wrote:*sigh* yet another Canadian stereotype at work... :roll:

Toronto is NOT all that cold. In fact, it's almost on the same line of latitude as Northern California !*00*!
I live near the beach in Southern California. Any place that gets under freezing temps in winter is friggin' cold to me. It doesnt matter where it is or what the temp is during the summer.

The women-folk in my family are freezing when the temp is less than room tempurature (72 degrees F), so they're even worse.
Computer: 3.2GHz i3, 6.0GB Ram, 1.5TB HD, Win7, RRT3:1.06, SMRR:1.10
Currently playing: RRT3 - Campaign Scenerios
Currently creating: RRT3 - Southwest scenerio
Hawk
The Big Dawg

Anything below 80 is cold to my wife. :roll:
Hawk
thegrindre
Engineer

I keep my thermostat set at 78, year around. !*th_up*!
a.k.a. Rick

Capn Twisted
Hobo

Gwizz wrote:A few years ago, I read or was told that the largest mall in the world was at that time, I think, at Edmonton. It was like a city under one roof. A transit train ran through the length of it. It had housing units, and every type of store and entertainment facility you can think of. That a person could live and work within the mall and never have to wear a jacket or have a need to leave the mall except to go snow skiing or water skiing or travel to another city by rail. !**yaaa

Someone joked that it was so big, they were going to put a big door at one end so aircraft could fly in and land. :mrgreen:
The West Edmonton Mall... still billed as the worlds largest... Fantasy themed hotel, amusement park etc here's a link:

http://www.westedmall.com/home/default.asp
Women want a lot of things from one man. Conversely, men want one thing from a lot of women.