Theodore Judah & the first transcontinental

Historical topics from around the world.
Canadian Viking
Brakeman

Theodore Judah & the first transcontinental Unread post

Railroaders, I just found an excellent 25 page article titled Theodore Judah and the Blazing of the First Transcontinental Railroad Over the Sierra Nevadas on the web. Here is the link (hope this works):

http://web.umr.edu/~rogersda/american&m ... Rogers.pdf
wsherrick
Engineer

Unread post

Thanks a lot for sharing this with all of us. I hope that as time goes by more people will become interested participants in the, "Railroad History Section," here. We all have something to offer if we take the time.
As far as the article here goes, I found it interesting and a testament to the greatness of those that had the vision and the unstoppable fortitude to build and tame this vast land we live in. :)
Hawk
The Big Dawg

Unread post

I didn't see any copyright notice of any kind in that pdf so I'm wondering if I should add it to the Railroad History section, for preservation purposes of course.
I don't see any reason why I can't as long as I keep it fully intact.
Hawk
ChrisW
Watchman

Unread post

It looks like a Ph.D thesis, which may explain the lack of a copyright statement. You should probably try to contact the author for permission, if possible.
Hawk
The Big Dawg

Unread post

Well, I've added it to the Railroad History section of my site but I did leave it intact, with the writers name and everything.
I do believe it is a good idea though to contact the author and ask if he minds.
Hawk