A Couple of Multiplayer Questions.

Stop by here for help with RRT3 Editor problems and tips.
Evan
Cat

A Couple of Multiplayer Questions. Unread post

I have a few Multiplayer Questions on my mind. My friend and I play together all the time, and our problem is, we don't really want goals. We just like playing and connecting to cities and earning more cash, is there a way to edit the goals out? If so, how?

Another problem I have is last night my friend and I were playing when my game froze and crashed (I'm the host all the time) so I told him to quickly save the game. So he saved the game and sent the file to me via 4shared.com.
I put the save-game file in my Saved Games Folder, hosted a new session, and started to play. Everything was fine until it looked at a computer player was playing as me! The AI just started to buy shares, farms, etc... I still had half control over the company, but I also couldn't lay tracks. How do I fix this? Is it possible?
Hawk
The Big Dawg

Re: A Couple of Multiplayer Questions. Unread post

Evan wrote:I have a few Multiplayer Questions on my mind. My friend and I play together all the time, and our problem is, we don't really want goals. We just like playing and connecting to cities and earning more cash, is there a way to edit the goals out? If so, how?
When you first start RT3, go to the Extras button, then Editor then Load map.
Select the map you want to edit then click the Start button.
Once the map loads, click on the bottom left button (it will say Control Panel on the bottom when you hover your mouse over it) in the list of 8 buttons.
Once in the Control Panel, Select Events, then click on the medals events and hit the Delete Event button.

I would highly recommend saving the map with a new name so you don't overwrite the existing map.

Sorry but I can't help with your other question.
Hawk
Evan
Cat

Hawk wrote:
Evan wrote:I have a few Multiplayer Questions on my mind. My friend and I play together all the time, and our problem is, we don't really want goals. We just like playing and connecting to cities and earning more cash, is there a way to edit the goals out? If so, how?
When you first start RT3, go to the Extras button, then Editor then Load map.
Select the map you want to edit then click the Start button.
Once the map loads, click on the bottom left button (it will say Control Panel on the bottom when you hover your mouse over it) in the list of 8 buttons.
Once in the Control Panel, Select Events, then click on the medals events and hit the Delete Event button.

I would highly recommend saving the map with a new name so you don't overwrite the existing map.

Sorry but I can't help with your other question.
Thanks Hawk, I got rid of all the "Wins", but how can I get rid of the start-up message, the one when you load a map and it says "**************, you have 25 years to complete".
The Cool Cowboy
Hawk
The Big Dawg

In the Control Panel, instead of clicking on Events, the dialog you want is on that main screen. Description and Briefing windows. That's where you edit what I think you're looking for.

While you're in the Control Panel, have a look at the other buttons and you should find anything else you want. That's where you do all of the editing for scenarios.
Hawk