Scenario Help

Discussion of Pop Top's last release of RRT.
JasonG
Cat

Scenario Help Unread post

Merry Xmas Eve All-

I just started playing with the editor and am enjoying the experimenting i have done so far. But I do have two questions for the group.

First- Is there some kind of reference available to help with building scenarios. Something that explains how to work with the 'Events' etc? I am looking for something that makes the AI a little more aggressive in their pursuit of industries.

Next, is there any way to create more industries or in some other way create some demand for the existing items?

Thanks all, Jason
coruscate
Dispatcher

Re: Scenario Help Unread post

There are at least two different places in this same board to answer your questions, in fact many of them have been answered before and recently in several threads. You want "Letters to the editor" for help writing scenarios and that same forum as well for discussions related to building mods. The existing 1.06 mod will give you new buildings and two super-mods being worked on by myself and Ned will give you two separate cargo lists as well as two new, large sets of buildings and graphics.
MrScott2007

JasonG wrote:First- Is there some kind of reference available to help with building scenarios. Something that explains how to work with the 'Events' etc? I am looking for something that makes the AI a little more aggressive in their pursuit of industries.
One thing you can do is look at all the default maps and see how those events are set up.

For the aggressive AI, you can set bonuses for the AI in the event editor. Something like a -50% for buying industries.
Stoker
Engineer

I generally script to DISSUADE industry buying by AIs. Left alone, they will build a two town "railroad" and just sit there buying industries the whole game.

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.
Edmund Burke
JasonG
Cat

Stoker wrote:I generally script to DISSUADE industry buying by AIs. Left alone, they will build a two town "railroad" and just sit there buying industries the whole game.
That's interesting. I hadn't thought about that possibility. The problem is that once I get established, I can hardly "fail". I was hoping to make the AI a bit more competitive. Any ideas?

Jason
KevinL
Dispatcher

If you dont mind changing the game, you can press Shift-E to go into the editor mode while you're playing a scenerio. Then go into the screen for the A.I. and change their style to "agressive." Press Shift-E to get back into game mode, and continue on. Oh, it helps if you pause, first.
Computer: 3.2GHz i3, 6.0GB Ram, 1.5TB HD, Win7, RRT3:1.06, SMRR:1.10
Currently playing: RRT3 - Campaign Scenerios
Currently creating: RRT3 - Southwest scenerio
Grandma Ruth
CEO

I had this problem in "Dash for Cash" - that's partly why it's such a short game, so they don't get chance to get established. If I can do it right, this should be a link:
http://hawkdawg.com/rrt/rrt3/map_arch/rt3_eur.htm
I remember someone else discussing this somewhere as well.
Edit: I searched the RT3 forum for "aggressive" and it came up with quite a lot about this.