Windows 7 grief

Discussion of Pop Top's last release of RRT.
karmapolice

Windows 7 grief Unread post

Hi, all.

I had a quick look through the search engine and couldn't find the exact answer to this..apologies if it's been covered elsewhere.

I'm trying to install RRT3 on Windows 7 HP (64) with an i5 M430 CPU @ 2.27 and 4GB.

Even with a brand new and clean CD set, I cannot get past the irritating "Wrong Disc Inserted", even though it really isn't! I've tried various things, but someone has and idiot's guide to getting through this, I would truly be grateful!

Cheers.

KP
Hawk
The Big Dawg

Re: Windows 7 grief Unread post

Have you seen this thread?

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2131

Are you having this problem when trying to install the game or after it's installed?
Hawk
Gwizz
CEO

I read someplace on line that there is a small MS program that lets the 64 bit look like a 32 bit version for 32 Bit games.
karmapolice

@Hawk

Hi; I install from the first disc ok, but when I pop in the play disc, it keeps telling me that I have the wrong disc inserted. I can't open the game to change any of the settings. I've tried running in various modes...W7 is awful at going back in time!
brunom
Dispatcher

I have RRT3 installed on Windows 7, 64-bit. No problems whatsoever.

Just a quick statement that it is possible. And I can't really say there was some sort of trick - to what I recall it was just standard installation.

B
Hawk
The Big Dawg

KarmaCop - You have a PM (Private Message). :salute:
Hawk
Sugus
Engineer

I hope this is the right place to post it ...

As a great fan of RT3 I did not want to risk it that - due to "inappropriately treated CDs" - I could run into a "game no more available for me" situation. For this reason I procured myself as security a further (new) RT3. I installed the new RT3 on my parallel operated XP-computer and started it after the basic clean installation. No problem - everything as expected: nice intro, suitable music, tutorial as had!

However now the story gets interesting! As usual I "upgraded" over CtC and 1.05 (GER) to 1.06 as well as to TM and first tried to launch the 1.05 version. But what must Sugus's eyeballs accept from the screen? "Wrong disc inserted!" !*th_dwn*! Different attempts always showed the same result. The really amazing thing is the fact that the Game started without any problems with my old, original CD2 (got in 2003 or so)!

On my Windows 7 PC I've installed all these RT3 variants by means of my original CDs and everything works as expected. Nevertheless, I tried to run the game on this PC with the new CD2. Same frustrating result: "Wrong disc inserted!"

Apparently only the version bought in 2003 is worth their money.
(The new version got via Amazon is from UIG Entertainment GmbH and titled as "SOLID GAMES - Railroad Tycoon 3".)

Maybe a PM from Hawk would help?
There's no business like RT business ...
Sugus
Engineer

Thanks again! !*th_up*! P1.05, P1.06 and TM performs now as they should ...
Hawk
The Big Dawg

Great! ::!**! (0!!0)
Hawk
nedfumpkin
CEO

Sugus wrote:Thanks again! !*th_up*! P1.05, P1.06 and TM performs now as they should ...

TM should work without getting onw of those PMs...so I assume your post is in addition to TM now you can play 1.05 and 1.06.
Sugus
Engineer

Sorry, Ned, you're right!