Hey guys my map is done!

Discussion of Pop Top's last release of RRT.
skamman
Hobo

Hey guys my map is done! Unread post

I was talking to you all a while back about doing my own scenario and looking for testers? How would i go about uploading a test of the map without a scenario to your site? I would love to know what you think of the map and if any improvements can be made. It is a small map of a fictitious city and the scenario (once done) will revolve around the city's tramway! I just need to know what people think of the map first as i have only just finished it! please answer asap so we can get crackin!

No-1-ska-man lurker.
Hawk
The Big Dawg

Re: Hey guys my map is done! Unread post

Package it using WinZip or WinRAR and simply attach it to a post.

See this post on how to attach files to a post (just ignore what the second screenshot says as that only applies to images, not zip/rar attachments).
Hawk
skamman
Hobo

Hey guys. Got a few screens. if anyone is interested in having a proper look at the map please e mail me at no-1-ska-man@hotmail.co.uk

This here is a link to the tinypic album!!
I
v

http://tinypic.com/a/2muxz/3
skamman
Hobo

I have no idea how to package it up hawk sir you'll have to walk me through it haha :(
skamman
Hobo

AHA! i have cracked it. Compressed it to a zip file! have a look guys and please be kind its my first try at anything like this!! enjoy!

On another note this scenario will require the conrail logo and the 1.06 patch! I think the conrail logo is in the 1.06 patch otherwise its in a massive logo pack found on here its definitely worth getting.

EDIT* In addition to this! anyone who would like to team up in creating an exciting scenario please contact me!
Attachments
Port Edwards.zip
Will require 1.06 patch.
(2.6 MiB) Downloaded 185 times
skamman
Hobo

So guys. Its been a couple of days and 7 people have downloaded. Feedback on the map please shall i scrap it or is it worth pursuing?
Hawk
The Big Dawg

Not really the type of map I like to play on, but it looks like you did a good job.
However, I would like to point out that you should always save painting the map unitl after you finsih adding all the events and such. In other words, always save the painting until the last thing.

The reason for that is every time you save a map, the color gets a little more washed out until eventually, depending on how many saves you make, you would end up having to almost repaint the map.
Now that you already done your painting though, from this point on, always give the map a new name every time you save. It could be something simple as map1, map2, map3, ect.
Hawk
skamman
Hobo

ah thanks. Ive not really thought about making it i have just been working on it for a while because of my ill hand thanks for the feedback hawk i think ill be doing another map sometime soon too. A real one this time! :)
Sugus
Engineer

Hi no-1-ska-man!
Great to see you here (*!!wel . I'm always happy to see a new RT3 fan, especially if he/she seems to be a map creator!

And, of course, I immediately downloaded and started your "Port Edwards" ... but ... uuuuuupsss!

Frankly: is "no-1-ska-man" an abbreviation for "no single idea to ..." related to "map without any introducing text" or "map without winning conditons" or "map without any events" or (yes!) even without all of them? No offence, but you simply can not "surprise the world" by means of a map without any hints or events. Cities and/or regions are not set up as well. (Also no special conditions.) So - Hhhmmuuurrgghhhhhh?

Maybe this was your first try to create a scenario. But before going further on, I recommend, that you inspect existing scenarios to get a feeling of "how to do it".

Still friends?
There's no business like RT business ...
skamman
Hobo

Haha. no problem sir. This was never meant as a scenario. I had just finished the map and wondered what people might think. If the map would be something they would like to play on etc. Im working on the scenario now i know it never had one this was intentional. I just wanted to show my map off because i worked fairly hard making it and to get some feedback to see if there is anything i could have done to make the map better.

To be honest i said all of this in the thread i also asked if any creative scenario artists would give me some hints on making a good one for the map.

And yes still friends haha!
(0!!0)
nedfumpkin
CEO

I see, it is a base map...those are always welcome here because some people don't like making maps, but like making scenarios.
skamman
Hobo

Yeah i think i may be a map guy. Im still not sure how all of the functions in creating the scenarios work. Im still learning though! I just find making maps fun and this one especially was fun to make. Im going to keep making the maps bigger adding as much detail as i have to this one as i go along. If anyone wants to use this map to make a scenario i am more than happy. I know its not as good as some peoples on here but hey its my first try haha!