need help with a crash please

Discussion of Pop Top's last release of RRT.
Moodyvillain
Hobo

need help with a crash please Unread post

Everything was running fine until I tried to add a logo. :lol: :roll: I downloaded the logo pack "assorted railroad heralds" from the main page. Took the cp_beaver.bmp and converted it to a targa then used the logo skinning tool "company logo.exe" used it it said logo cp-beaver.PK4 added successfully. Now it crashes every time. I get this error "OpenPIMipmapChain: Unable to locate a valid DDS or TGA file for 'cp_beaver'.

I tried to just delete it but the file dissapeared when it converted to a pk4. Now I tried to locate it to remove it and can't find it I even used the search tool. and I'm running as administrator. I can't believe this is all over a logo.

It is probably something really dumb but I can't figure it out.
Hawk
The Big Dawg

Re: need help with a crash please Unread post

Are you running Win 7 or Vista? If so, did you install RRT into the default directory; IE Program Files or Program Files (86)?
Hawk
Blackhawk
CEO

Do you have show all hidden files on as well besides being an administrator? I've never made a logo so I don't know how it works but there's a possibility the file is there but hidden and you can't see it unless you have the option to see hidden files turned on in windows.
Moodyvillain
Hobo

Hawk wrote:Are you running Win 7 or Vista? If so, did you install RRT into the default directory; IE Program Files or Program Files (86)?
Sorry windows 7. yes I installed it to program files (86)
Moodyvillain
Hobo

Blackhawk wrote:Do you have show all hidden files on as well besides being an administrator? I've never made a logo so I don't know how it works but there's a possibility the file is there but hidden and you can't see it unless you have the option to see hidden files turned on in windows.
Had 0 problems with compatibility. No issues at all till I tried to add a freakin CP rail logo lol this is almost as amusing as it is frustrating.

I didn't before no. But I was still able to see other pk4's. As soon as I ran the logo exe the origional targa file dissapeared and it said it was installed sucessfully. I can't find it anywhere though. All it does is crash to the desktop as soon as the map loading screen comes up. The crash is instantaneous to the map loading screen though. I get a error sound, and then crash to the desktop with the message above.

BTW thank you to you both for the quick response :)
Moodyvillain
Hobo

Bah I gave up trying to figure it out. I just backed up the stuff I wanted to keep and reinstalled. Problem solved.

I thank you again.
Hawk
The Big Dawg

When you reinstalled you should have installed RRT to a directory outside of the Program Files (86) directory.
Microsoft designed Win 7, and it's predecessor Vista, so that any files in the Program Files directory can't be written to. This is supposedly to help protect your system for malware, but it's more of a pain in the butt than anything.
Hawk