Railroad Tycoon 3 - Weird problem?

Discussion of Pop Top's last release of RRT.
Spacks

Railroad Tycoon 3 - Weird problem? Unread post

Ok so I've installed RRT3 with no problems, got all the patches/expansion/vista fix and what not but when I go to launch the game, it changes my resolution then music starts playing but no actual window?

Like I alt-tab to find it and it doesnt show up, even though music is playing...

This is the weirdest bug/glitch/whatever I've ever come across in any game.

Can you guys help?
Altoona+BeachCreek
Conductor

Re: Railroad Tycoon 3 - Weird problem? Unread post

That happens to me every once in a while, I know exactly what you mean. Most of the time I just relaunch the game and it usually works. If not, just restart your computer.
"Train roll on, on down the line. Take me many miles from my home."
gismoskip
Brakeman

Altoona+BeachCreek wrote:That happens to me every once in a while, I know exactly what you mean. Most of the time I just relaunch the game and it usually works. If not, just restart your computer.
never happens with me - before i got the vista patch though i would get something like that - only it says that "RT3.exe had to close" and the music still goes - i have to use task manager to end the "RT3.MP3" program prossess - it still goes until then.
gismoskip, current RT3 player working on the maps of tomorrow for RT3. better belive it.
nedfumpkin
CEO

Need more information...which OS? Where is RT3 instaslled? Is it being run as admin?
Altoona+BeachCreek
Conductor

Can you give a screenshot next time so I can see if it really is the same problem? It doesn't happen every time for me, but if it does for you then there may be a problem.
"Train roll on, on down the line. Take me many miles from my home."