New Map of "Baffania"

Discussion of Pop Top's last release of RRT.
proudcanadian
Conductor

New Map of "Baffania" Unread post

Okay, now that I've had a chance to view some other topics...

I've had a blank map that I've been working on. It's based off of the area around Baffin Island. Although the land is real, the place is fictional. I've already got cities and paint jobs set up, and I just have to work on events.

So, it got me wondering...Anyone remember the David Masters scenarios?

I really enjoyed those, as they were funny, and kept the player entertained while they tried to accomplish their goals. Since RT3 came out, I felt that it was somewhat lacking in that aspect (at least in the sceanarios I've played so far).

The whole point I'm trying to get across here, is what if this could be one of those crazy scenarios where the player has no clue what is about to happen? Would the community enjoy it?

Hope I get some feedback on his :D
I don't drive a dogsled to work, I don't live in an igloo, and we're the SECOND LARGEST COUNTRY ON EARTH!!!
Hawk
The Big Dawg

Unread post

There's a few of David's scenarios/maps in the RT2 archive here but I don't think they're the ones you're talking about.
What's the names of some of those scenarios?
Hawk
Gwizz
CEO

Unread post

That are all type of play styles. I alway figured if only one other player enjoyed one of my maps then it was worth sharing. I vote that you should complete the map.
Lyle
Cat

Unread post

I would certainly enjoy a break from the norm, that is for sure! A "crazy" scenario would likely have me rolling on the ground, so for sure, lay it on me! :lol:
Hawk
The Big Dawg

Unread post

A "crazy" scenario would likely have me rolling on the ground
Have you tried Paphalophagus? It's in the RT3/Other Lands section. :roll:
If you really want crazy it might be a little tame for you. Maybe you should look at any of Gwizz's maps. :wink:
Hawk
proudcanadian
Conductor

Unread post

Okay, looks like I've got positive support so far! :D

Hawk, I'm referring to maps such as Blimper (Probably the funniest scenario I've played), and Roundabout, and Monrovia. There are several ones listed at his old roundhouse site(which appears to have been removed from the web), including one called "Cowabunga" and another that has something to do with coffee. I never got a chance to play these sceanrios, the site had lost all its download links by the time I had discovered the site. :cry:

Anyway, As soon as I get Northern Ontario to be harder, I'll get to work on Baffania. I'll try to make it as crazy as possible.

P.S. Hawk, I haven't played Paphalopagus yet, but I think I downloaded too many logos and the game won't work so I'll have to delete some before I can play it anyway :wink:
I don't drive a dogsled to work, I don't live in an igloo, and we're the SECOND LARGEST COUNTRY ON EARTH!!!
Hawk
The Big Dawg

Unread post

Have you tried emailing David? You can find a link to email him at this link.

http://roundhouse.8m.com/index.html

I don't know if the link still works but I guess it's worth a try.
Hawk
proudcanadian
Conductor

Unread post

Sorry about the delay on this one folks, :( Whatever free time I hvae for RT3 is usually used playing scenarios I've recently downloaded (Though that's the main part of the game.) I'm currently working on city sizes and industrial setup, which is a slow and tedious task. :? I'll try to get this one done as soon as possible. :)

P. S. Kudos to EPH and JSS, especially for Transcontinental, and SCBC 1898, which, IMHO are the best North American Scenarios created yet. :D
JSS
Brakeman

Unread post

proudcanadian. I do hope to get the SCBC map still done before RT4. I have promised someone to “clean” the latest version of the map up a bit and forward it to them. Did a bit of work on it but came across some strange behavior that I have not experienced before. To get that fixed requires some real time consuming work again and so far I have not been in the proper frame of mind to get into it deeply again because I simply do not have that much free time at the moment.

In any case, thanks for having tried the map.
The man who has no imagination has no wings. (Muhammad Ali)
proudcanadian
Conductor

Unread post

Well, the good news is that I've finally finished seeding the industries for each city and I'm starting to write the scenario :D .

The bad news is that I dont know how to work a certain type of events I need to make. :cry:

I'm trying to have it that in order to access each country, you need to complete a certain task. The problem is that I dont know how to script it so that access will be granted to the company. If anyone can help, it would be appreciated

Thanks as always
proudcanadian
Conductor

Unread post

Hello? Anyone? :lol:
Grandma Ruth
CEO

Unread post

This is the conditions screen for a territory access event.

And this is the effects screen.
Access denied 3.jpg
Hope these help.
proudcanadian
Conductor

Unread post

Thanks alot!

I'll now be able to get underway again :D
proudcanadian
Conductor

Unread post

Well, the scenario is moving along slowly, and unfortunately, I've hit another snag. :(
I want to have the territory access event work so that if you haul x amount of a cargo to a different territorythan the one you're accessing, you will gain access.
This is probably really obvious, :oops: either that or impossible, but I hope I can work this out.
Wolverine@MSU
CEO

Unread post

You could use one variable (territory variable) to track the shipments (LTD company loads hauled to territiry), and use the value of that variable as a trigger for access to the second territory.
proudcanadian
Conductor

Unread post

So, say I use Territory Variable 1

Then I use an event to set territory Variable 1 to 0?

then set the counter for LTD Company loads hauled to territory and when territory variable 1=20 then access will be granted?

This might not work because I want to have two specific cargoes hauled to the other territory (20 lumber and 20 clothing)

Thanks for the advice though 8)
Wolverine@MSU
CEO

Unread post

So use the other territory's variables for those cargoes. Although a bit complicated, you can track the True/False status of up to 8 "events" in a single variable. See events in "Age of Steam IV" (I think) for how to do it. Station connections were kept track of in this way.
proudcanadian
Conductor

Unread post

I figured it out!! :D

The map and scenario is now set up, so I'll get to work adding events. I might get it released even before the end of the year!

Thanks for the help, and when the time comes, enjoy! 8)
proudcanadian
Conductor

Unread post

Well, I just finished it and sent the first edition to Hawk.

For those of you who aren't playing Crystal Cotton, you could give this one a shot.

Enjoy!
Hawk
The Big Dawg

Unread post

Baffania is now available in the 'Other Lands' section. ::!**!
Hawk