Favorite Scenario(s)?

Discussion of Pop Top's last release of RRT.
Hawk
The Big Dawg

Re: Favorite Scenario(s)? Unread post

Let's not get too carried away low_grade. It's going to take me a month of Sundays to build the database as it is. The more added - the longer it's going to take.
If I had all the data right now, and knew how to do it, it would take me a couple of months just to get it set up.
This forum isn't the only thing I've got going on.

So - do you want it in this life time or the next one. :roll:
Hawk
JayEff
Conductor

The scoring system at The Terminal was a flow imo; probably because you could vote anonymously. The ratings did not reflect reality very well. I would place much greater trust in the comments in this thread here.
low_grade
Dispatcher

*!*!*! Yes, I got carried away there... I've fiddled with databases a bit so I know what they're capable of, but I often forget how much work can go into implementing even simple ideas, much less this kind of complicated mess I'm talking about. Sometimes I get too excited over the possibilities and don't know how to contain myself! My friends are always rolling their eyes at me when I get going...

so, don't mind me, just keep up the good work, Hawk, it's appreciated.
Jeremy Mac Donald
Watchman

Hmm....

Well a few of the scenarios I've enjoyed enough to go back and replay even years later.
South Africa by Steve (Mobius) Lorenz
Australia by Didgabringability (maybe mainly because I realized what you could do with New Guinea)
Mars The New World by Ulf Norlinger
Japanese Miracle by Porter (EPH) Hopson

I don't mind a little history in my maps but I don't like feeling like I have to jump through a ton of hoops to keep playing or having such complicated victory conditions that I barely understand them.
Sugus
Engineer

Once more, I have to mention, that Taleisin (don't know his real name) has created a lot of really great maps! !!clap!!

My favorites are:

Fosse-Lyss-Hottmudd (which should be played before Hexum to get the 'right' feeling)

Hexum (of course, really hard to do)

Scrimshaw (for fun only, but super mega great!!!)
There's no business like RT business ...
OilCan
Engineer

Sugus.....these games aren't posted in the map archive on this website. Where are they?
Hawk
The Big Dawg

All 3 of those maps were at the now defunct Railroad Tycoon Info site.
I downloaded them with the intention of adding them to this site but haven't got around to it.
In the mean time here's links to download all 3 of them.

http://hawkdawg.com/zips/rt3/Hexum.zip

http://hawkdawg.com/zips/rt3/Fosse-Lyes ... dd.gmp.zip

http://hawkdawg.com/zips/rt3/Scrimshaw.gmp.zip

Here's a thread discussing Hexum. viewtopic.php?f=23&t=1850
Hawk
BikerTim
Brakeman

This is about like asking a 4-year-old to choose his favorite candy. I have tried so many and like them all so much. Even when I try one that I do not consider to be among my top favorites, I still have a hard time pulling myself away. Some of you have read the high praise that I have for the Louisville & Nashville scenario. Guatemala, Northeast Corridor, Mississippi Valley, Coast-to-Coast, Civil War, Tex-Mex, Canada Bound, and Australia Federation are also big personal favorites. In general, I tend to like having very few restrictions and lots of AI. Acquisitions are my favorite part of this game. A scenario should not be too easy. The Flying Scotsman and Third Republic scenarios on the campaign are both too easy in my opinion. While it is easy to say a scenario should not be too tough, I find that a hard challenge can be quite entertaining. It felt good to win a medal on the Alternate USA scenario, hard level, recently, even if it was only a bronze.

!#2bits#!
Life is not fair, but it is still good.
KevinL
Dispatcher

My favorite Pop Top maps are Texas Tea and Southern Pacific. Both offer a variety of game goals without being too restrictive.

My favorite user-created maps are WSherrick's Age of Steam series. I only wish I could have half of his imagination and creativity in creating my map.
Computer: 3.2GHz i3, 6.0GB Ram, 1.5TB HD, Win7, RRT3:1.06, SMRR:1.10
Currently playing: RRT3 - Campaign Scenerios
Currently creating: RRT3 - Southwest scenerio