Grafic problems with win 7 and rt3

Discussion of Pop Top's last release of RRT.
thietavu
Conductor

Re: Grafic problems with win 7 and rt3 Unread post

Good News!! Today was the first day when I could play my RRT3 (Trainmaster version) without ANY problems on 64-bit Windows 7!

Yes, you read correctly. No need to disable T&L - and more importantly: NO MORE LOW-RES GRAPHICS!

We all know that the problem with ugly graphics had something to do with RRT3 not recognizing correctly more than maybe 256 or 512 MB of video memory. When pressing CONTROL-5 my computer said, still a while ago, that I had a *negative* amount of video memory available in my computer. A reason good enough for the game to turn on the lowest resolution textures, etc...

Now I'm playing a huge scenario with no problems at all. To be sure, I just pressed Control-5 - and for the first time, I saw this message:
- Running in 32 bit mode
- Using 32-bit z-buffer
- Total video system memory 743.00 MB
- Available video system memory 743.00 MB (!!!)

So, it was NOT about RRT3 not understanding the modern graphics cards! It was something about Windows Vista and/or 7 OR about drivers, in the end.

Maybe it's the latest W7 compatibility updates (there have been several lately) - or maybe it's the latest AMD Catalyst drivers - or both. I don't know. But what I know is this: for the first time ever, RRT3/TM now works just perfectly in my 64-bit Windows 7 workstation with its AMD Radeon HD 5770 1 GB VRAM graphics. (0!!0)
AMD Phenom X6 1090T @3.9GHz, 16GB DDR3-1600 RAM, Asus Crosshair Formula IV mb, Radeon HD7870, Samsung 850EVO SSD, M-Audio AP192, Windows 10-64, Railroad Tycoon 3 1.06. & TM, Train Simulator 2016, MSTS + many add-ons, Trainz!