New Scenario Available - WP&P

Discussion about reviews and strategies for user created scenarios made for RT3 version 1.05 and earlier.
WPandP
Engineer

Re: New Scenario Available - WP&P Unread post

Not sure what is going on; I looked back and I've already mentioned the various mod engines that were enabled for the scenario. One thing that might be worth trying is opening it up in the Editor, and see if you can save it (with a new name) from there. If not, start looking for things that you can remove; been a while since I looked at this, but maybe there's some pre-built trains (not just track) for the B&O and N&W... if so, remove those. Pre-placed buildings could also be a culprit; I know I used a lot of those to define my towns, but for the sake of thoroughness you could delete them so that the only buildings are ones that spawn from the city/regions. What I'm getting at here is that there may be a corrupted or missing asset that the game is choking on. Engines, cars, and buildings load their assets when you build them (or when they spawn) during gameplay, but if they've been placed already (in the editor or from playing) then those assets get saved as part of the savegame. So, it could be something which was placed in the editor by me and which is missing or corrupted on your installation. Or, it could be something which you're building during gameplay (like, say you always start out buying a 4-6-0, one of the modded engines) which is corrupted somehow. This is less likely, because at the time you build that engine, the game should crash if it the engine's assets are missing or corrupt. The fact that it crashes on first save but not during gameplay suggests to me that it is something already present in the scenario.

Also in the editor, you can do a checking or validation of the events. Maybe there's one event, say one that makes a certain engine available, for which you don't have the engine installed.

I'm sorry to hear you've been having trouble with this! Hope you can find out what's going wrong.
=Winchester, Paston & Portsmouth=
====== We Provide Pride! ======
RayofSunshine
CEO

Re: New Scenario Available - WP&P Unread post

Well WPP,

For the info. Will start trying some of you suggestions. However, on checking on back threads, I find that I had a similar problem back in 2006.

I am beginning to wonder why the problem, as it is also accurring in the Paston Valley Line1 scenario as well. Unable to "save" either at initial start up, or after playing throught a few months.

Will start doing your suggestions seeing that there are similar problems.

Thanks again.

Ray of Sunshine