A few small changes.

News and announcements about the website and forum.
Hawk
The Big Dawg

Re: A few small changes. Unread post

Ah yes! I remember that now. Sorry for misunderstanding you. :oops: (0!!0)
Hawk
Grandma Ruth
CEO

(0!!0)
Gumboots
CEO

Thinking about getting ready for (yet another) move to a new host. I'm inclined to drop the photos pages, at least temporarily. I hardly ever look at them anyway, and some pages have inaccuracies* and/or poor quality photos. I can keep them all stashed, and could even zip them for anyone who wants them, but there are a lot of pages to rewrite and I'm frankly not sure it is worth the effort at this stage.

*For example, this page - http://hawkdawg.com/photos/rr/rr-steam.htm - has incorrect captions for UK-Planet (it's the "John Bull") and for US-Eight Wheeler (it's actually NSWGR Z12 class No. 1243, a Beyer-Peacock design that was built in Sydney by Atlas Engineering).
Gumboots
CEO

I've made a few small tweaks here and there on the site pages (not in the forum itself). Looks better to me,

If there are any things that are bugging people, about either the site pages or the forum, feel free to mention them. They're usually not hard to change.
Gumboots
CEO

Ay up. :)

I've rearranged things a bit. It's not a hugely active or complex site, and I thought a bit of simplification might be good. The RT3 Poll Hole and the General Discussion > Poll Hole boards weren't being used much, so I've merged them into RT3 General Discussion and The Conference Table.

You can now post polls in both of those boards. I haven't checked permissions on every board yet, but if anyone wants polls in other boards too I'm ok with setting that up. !*th_up*!

I've also moved the old General Discussion boards (The Conference Table, Railroad History, and PC Pandomania) into the top category, which has now been renamed to make it more welcoming. I thought things were a bit too serious the way it was. (0!!0)

Also, the "Change style" drop menu has been revamped a bit. The colour changer for the forum default theme (Hawkdawg Light) is now up in that little drop menu, instead of hiding right down the bottom of the page in the forum footer. I thought this might be a bit more convenient.
_New_style_changer.png