Locomotive internet database

Discussion of anything, within reason (no politics or religion, please).
Gumboots
CEO

Re: Locomotive internet database Unread post

I see you have had a good outcome over there. Things should get better rapidly. I may chip in a bit here and there. Only about stuff that I have researched and can back up though. :mrgreen:

I don't know anything about diesels or electrics, but have managed to pick up a bit about some specific steam locos. Could also offer a bit of advice on redesign if you like. I'm pretty fluent in HTML and CSS, althougb I've never specifically looked at Wikia code.
Altoona+BeachCreek
Conductor

That would be sincerely appreciated, GB. And I can bet that Gavin would love having a fellow Australian on site to split the work with! Muddling through the errors and lies in the North American diesel pages is our foremost goal, so don't worry about not knowing about engines on the other side of the Pacific. Now that I don't have to warn people about Corbin, I should be able to recruit fans far more easily. And trust me: Corbin WILL get himself banned sooner rather than later.
"Train roll on, on down the line. Take me many miles from my home."
Gumboots
CEO

Yes. Unfortunately (for him) it's quite obvious that he's currently determined to go down in what he mistakenly thinks is a blaze of glory. I suspect he'll look back on this in five years or so and think "What a wally!". **lylgh
Gumboots
CEO

I've been keeping the occasional eye on that wiki. Saw this today.
Recently you created some pages on Locomotive Wiki pertaining to the Thomas the Tank Engine universe. Thomas is a fictional locomotive, and therefore, not acceptable on Locomotive Wiki. This pages have been speedily deleted for such reason. Take this as your first and only warning — future pages and edits pertaining to TTTE on Locomotive Wiki will result in a block.
^**lylgh

Also, spotted this video there. It really makes it clear how slow a train's acceleration is, even for a lightly loaded TGV. A fast car would reach the same speed in 13 seconds. Watching that vid is certainly not like watching Top Fuel. More like watching paint dry.

TGV V 150: from 0 to 574.8 km/h in less than 13 minutes