Project: Unofficial 1.07 Patch

A private forum for those folks working on patches for RRT3.
GranBichus
Cat

Unread post

Milo, didn't mean the emails to be defensive or anything, so its all good!

Unfortunately, there was a lot more that some of us at PopTop wanted to get in there but a lot of factors and constrains made it not possible.

I really wish I could share a lot of the knowledge about the dang thing, but lets just say that when I left Take2 it wasn't in optimal terms ... (they got real mad I decided to quit) and I fear that their d@mn "Copyright(c) lawyers" will try to screw me over for some cash since they are hurting and possibly sinking...

cheers.

G.
pure al
Dispatcher

Unread post

GranBichus,
RT3 got a 86% review score (Game of Distinction) from PCGamer and looking at the few other games that scored so highly, you did an amazing job and should be very proud! Even looking the number of downloads CtoC is receiving at download.com, it just shows you how popular this game is even now. I'm surprised the expansion was released as a free download, although I guess the coding constraints stopped an even larger profitable expansion being created.

Anyway it's great to hear a bit about how the game started, and it's obvious how much passion you put into it.

Hope you understand that we are huge fans of the game, and in our attempts at making it 'better' we are not criticising your work.
GranBichus
Cat

Unread post

Wasn't trying to be defensive... I was just pointing out that we did what we could with what we were given. I didnt' ran the show, neither did Franz, if you know what that means...

G.
pure al wrote:GranBichus,
RT3 got a 86% review score (Game of Distinction) from PCGamer and looking at the few other games that scored so highly, you did an amazing job and should be very proud! Even looking the number of downloads CtoC is receiving at download.com, it just shows you how popular this game is even now. I'm surprised the expansion was released as a free download, although I guess the coding constraints stopped an even larger profitable expansion being created.

Anyway it's great to hear a bit about how the game started, and it's obvious how much passion you put into it.

Hope you understand that we are huge fans of the game, and in our attempts at making it 'better' we are not criticising your work.
pure al
Dispatcher

Unread post

Yep I get you :D
AdmiralHalsey
Conductor

Re: Project: Unofficial 1.07 Patch Unread post

Hey what ever happened to this patch? Is this what eventually became TrainMaster or is that unrelated?
Hawk
The Big Dawg

Milo hasn't been active in the community for quite a while now. The last time he logged into the forum was Oct. of last year.
Hawk
FlorianF
Hobo

Volunteering as patch maker.
I got reverse-engineering and programming skills, lets keep this game alive!
Gumboots
CEO

The list of stuff in the OP of this thread isn't relevant any longer. We're currently thinking of a far a more modest 1.07, just so we have some chance of getting it completed.
Hawk
The Big Dawg

This thread is pretty old and a bit irrelevant now, so I'm locking it.
Current discussion on this subject can be found in the following 3 threads.

Cargo & Industry fixes for 1.06

Locomotive fixes for 1.06

Thoughts about hex editing
Hawk
Blackhawk
CEO

I'm going to add this link as well to Milo's notes on his efforts then we'll lock this for good.

viewtopic.php?f=36&t=3620&p=36135#p36143