1.06 Subproject: Adding Cargo Types

A private forum for those folks working on patches for RRT3.
Gumboots
CEO

Re: 1.06 Subproject: Adding Cargo Types Unread post

Ok, apparently there are 16 industry slots left in 1.06:
It appears that a maximum of 16 new industries can be added with this patch in order to leave all existing industries intact. There is a possibility this could be increased to 18 if replacing the "Dummy" "XXX" building/ruler and "Customs House" will not cause problems.
See: viewtopic.php?f=24&t=3641

Also, I think (not sure) Ned coded Trainmaster to use up all available industry slots with its default buildings, so between those two examples you should know the limit for industries.
sbaros
Conductor

I have long superseded Ned's Trainmaster maximum with numerous additional custom BCA's in my own Trainmaster version, so I still have reached no limit. If I am not overlooking anything, he apparently used up only the cargo slots available, not the building slots.
If you have no Marxists in the leadership of your trade union, you have no trade union.
Abolish NATO and the (Na)zionist state !
RulerofRails
CEO

It depends how you define the "limit." My understanding was that the one Stoker talked about takes into account the "Add a [specific Industry]" effects available in the events. Ned already had gone far past this with TM. You will notice that some buildings can't be added via event in the editor in TM. I think Ned did something to change which ones were available in this way, to enable building some he thought were "more important" via event. I don't know what he did. Also, I haven't experimented a lot with this myself. It's quite possible that commerical ones are not always falling in the same category as the "industrial" ones.
sbaros
Conductor

Re: maximum stuff numbers Unread post

milo wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2007 12:51 amThe structure representing the economic record for each square of the map is 471 bytes long; there's an array of floating-point numbers representing cargo quantities available 259 bytes into it. If each floating-point entry is 4 bytes, you can see there might be a bit of trouble past the 52nd cargo or so.
I guess there will be a similar length limitation at the industry lists of each city, I doubt that it can be limitless. We just haven't reached it yet. If anyone has discovered more about the GMP file structure, maybe the theoretical maximum of BCA's can be similarly calculated.
Gumboots
CEO

It is probably in Milo's notes somewhere, if anyone can find it. The other way of doing it would be to test spam custom industries, just changing the industry name, and see how many you can have before things start crapping out.