TGA export in Scenario editor?

Stop by here for help with RRT3 Editor problems and tips.
Just Crazy Jim
Dispatcher

TGA export in Scenario editor? Unread post

Something I did, don't ask me what, caused the editor to export into the saved game folder a TGA of the Go West map, complete with ocean blue areas, rather than the sand "ocean" of the original Go West embedded TGA.

Any ideas what the "what did I do to get this?" might be?
"We have no patience with other people's vanity because it is offensive to our own."
-- François de La Rochefoucauld. Réflexions ou sentences et maximes morales. 1665.
Gumboots
CEO

Re: TGA export in Scenario editor? Unread post

I've seen the game randomly create tga's at times, but have no idea why it does this.
Just Crazy Jim
Dispatcher

Of course it would be a random freak event... the one time I see the game export a TGA that isn't chewed into a pixelated mush isn't something you can replicate...

Had my hopes aimed in the direction of a solution to the lossy save. The game loaded the TGA into the map the next time I opened the saved file and the map was all shiny and new again. I went back to the folder to make a copy of it after that and the stupid game had deleted the TGA.
"We have no patience with other people's vanity because it is offensive to our own."
-- François de La Rochefoucauld. Réflexions ou sentences et maximes morales. 1665.
RulerofRails
CEO

There is no TGA export, but you can recover a TGA file that the game momentarily generates while loading (if the load fails it may remain).
See these links: viewtopic.php?p=41215#p41215 and viewtopic.php?p=38346#p38346.