Building density increments: oh no, it's RT3 again.

Stop by here for help with RRT3 Editor problems and tips.
Gumboots
CEO

Building density increments: oh no, it's RT3 again. Unread post

I've been playing around with adjustments to the building density progression, and I noticed that (like a lot of things in the game) the interface didn't seem to make sense. It has one slider for "Years 1 through 10", a second slider for "Years 11 through 20", and a third slider for "Years 20 through 29".

The second and third sliders appear to be in conflict, because they both claim to have a value for Year 20. Figuring that this was yet another RT3 interface bug (oh si, we have a plethora) I decided to work out exactly what was happening. Turns out they work like this:

1st slider: This does handle Year 1 to Year 10, inclusive.
2nd slider: This does handle Year 11 to Year 20, inclusive.

The next three sliders have their range incorrectly stated.
3rd slider: This actually handles Year 21 to Year 30, inclusive.
4th slider: This actually handles Year 31 to Year 40, inclusive.
5th slider: This actually handles Year 41 to infinity.
The figures quoted below the sliders (ie: for Year 1, Year 11, Year 21, Year 31, Year 41, Year 51 and Year 81) are the density at the start of those years, with the density at the end of those years obviously being higher by the amount of the growth percentage. This is, naturally, also the starting density for the following year.

The other point to note is that the calculated results are always rounded down for display in the interface. IOW, a value of 157.89 (for example) would be shown as 157% rather than the usual 158%. This is the same way RT3 does rounding of increments in height maps.

In practice only the first three sliders are usually relevant to a scenario, but I thought I should check the lot to make sure I had it right. Screenshots attached. !*th_up*!

Building_density_corrections_1.jpg
Building_density_corrections_2.jpg