Some other bugs in 1.06?

Questions and comments specific to Version 1.06
Wolverine@MSU
CEO

Some other bugs in 1.06? Unread post

It's been a while since I made a serious map, and now I'm working on one in 1.06. I ran into a couple of bugs in the Editor:

I can't seem to make an Event give a Game Message. I click on the button for Game Message, but when I go to another Event and then go back to the first one, the button has switched back to Dialog. Thought it might be something with the map, so I made a new map from scratch and still it won't let me make a Game Message.

I also noticed that the "Earthquake-Light" effect asks for a number instead of the "True/False" for the other levels of Earthquake. I set the number to "1" but got no earthquake. Haven't tried other numbers.

Could someone running 1.06 try these out and see if it's a bug or just something funny with my machine?

Thanks in advance.
Grandma Ruth
CEO

Re: Some other bugs in 1.06? Unread post

Don't know about game messages, never use them, but I do know that both the "earthquake" and the "economy" effects were changed by 1.06. Can't remember how, off-hand, but it's in the Read-Me which should be in the patch folder somewhere.
Wolverine@MSU
CEO

Thanks Ruth. A quick check of the instructions (Doh! (smack))))) shows that the "Light" earthquake can be set to any level: 0-133, Light; 134-171, Medium; 172-200, Heavy; 201-223, Severe.
Wolverine@MSU
CEO

Does anyone know whether the Game Message functionality was intentionally removed from 1.06? I'm trying to make a set of events to notify me when the beginning of the fourth week of December comes around so that I can adjust dividend payout in scenarios where the stock market is disabled (so you can't see exactly where you are in the timeline in order to pause just before the end of the year).

It worked in 1.05 but doesn't in 1.06. I don't want to have to click on the Dialog box to get this notification if I don't have to; a simple Game Message would suffice. Ned says Game Messages don't work in TM, presumable because it's based on 1.06.

Any way to get the Game Messages back in 1.06?
Hawk
The Big Dawg

Did you see this topic?

http://hawkdawg.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=2651

I'm not sure if it deals with what you're talking about or not though.
Hawk
Cash on Wheels
Conductor

Wolverine@MSU wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:49 am Does anyone know whether the Game Message functionality was intentionally removed from 1.06? I'm trying to make a set of events to notify me when the beginning of the fourth week of December comes around so that I can adjust dividend payout in scenarios where the stock market is disabled (so you can't see exactly where you are in the timeline in order to pause just before the end of the year).

It worked in 1.05 but doesn't in 1.06. I don't want to have to click on the Dialog box to get this notification if I don't have to; a simple Game Message would suffice. Ned says Game Messages don't work in TM, presumable because it's based on 1.06.

Any way to get the Game Messages back in 1.06?
RoR showed me how to do games messages in Holyland but it requires Hex surgery!

http://hawkdawg.com/forums/viewtopic.ph ... 7&start=30
Gumboots
CEO

Crap. More bugs. :roll:
sbaros
Conductor

I encountered the following problem: In the attached South Balkan base map, I had planted several "GwizzPorts" -since they cannot be seeded automatically- without encountering any trouble. Later on, I changed my mind and deleted most of them, leaving only one in the Salonica area. Since then, every time I try to build a station near one of the deleted GwizzPorts, the program crashes. The remaining GwizzPort in Salonica functions normally though, it can be used and connected to other track. For the record, the locations of the former GwizzPorts were in Athens, Lezhë‎ (Albania), Heraclion (Crete) and Istanbul.
Plain track without stations can be built without problems at the sites of deleted GwizzPorts, and non-station buildings also seed without problems at these sites.
The problem persisted even when I deleted the remaining GwizzPort in Salonica and loaded the map in a separate installation lacking the GwizzPort.BCA altogether. It affects Windows 10, 8 and 7 all the same.
Any ideas?
Attachments
SouthBalkan.zip
(1.65 MiB) Downloaded 81 times
If you have no Marxists in the leadership of your trade union, you have no trade union.
Abolish NATO and the (Na)zionist state !
Gumboots
CEO

Ok, but why bother with the Gwizz port anyway? It doesn't function as a port (unless you edit the hex) and it only has a small capture area. IMO it makes more sense to just use a standard port and a standard large station.
sbaros
Conductor

I edited the hex many months back, I used my modified version that does function as a port. Is there any clue about the causes and remedies? Has it happened with other building types as well ?
Gumboots
CEO

No clue about the causes or possible remedies. This game has some very obscure bugs at times.
RulerofRails
CEO

The Gwizz port is likely to behave oddly. It's sort of an exploit of the game mechanics in a way. Maybe it works, but probably there are limitations.

Looks like you built the Gwizz ports with the editor and not with a company. As such the attached track has no owner. This could be a problem. The normal stations can't be built from the editor before a company is started. This no-ownership-problem may also transfer into the record in the .gmp that a town is connected. It seems that the crash is happening just when the "connected" message should appear.

When experimenting with stuff I would make lots of backups. In the unfortunate circumstance that you don't have a usable backup (it's corrupted or whatever), I would try to remove the affected towns, save the game and check if you still get crashes. If the crashes are gone, then recreate the towns.