Building menue broken after Patch 1.06

Questions and comments specific to Version 1.06
Lissimo
Cat

Building menue broken after Patch 1.06 Unread post

Hey guys!

I have a weird issue and I do not understand why I cannot see it for other guys.
After installation of Patch 1.06 my buildable buildings menu is broken in the campaign (not szenarios).
Instead of the hotel, tavern etc. (yellow buildings) I have a bunch of warehouses and harbors (see pictures):

or link to picture: https://ibb.co/gFNsntr and

or link: https://ibb.co/ynG9VT8

I could find a workaround for... the first campaign mission at least. As the bug is not in the szenarios, I could start a szenario and then start the camapign without the bug, but now, for the second mission the bug appeard again.
Anyone knows why and how to solve that issue?

Btw, I have tested a German CD version and the English GOG version and except for the language, there is no difference. Moreover I thought that the new buildings might be the issue, however when I only install the patch and not buildings (locomotives etc,) the bug is there.

Hope anyone has an idea

best,
Lissimo
Lissimo
Cat

Re: Building menue broken after Patch 1.06 Unread post

Ah I found an article here: viewtopic.php?f=36&t=3312
I tested it and it works, thanks!

Just wondered why it (like the Machineshop Patch) never made it into the Patch 1.06.
Or am I the last one playing the camapign with 1.06? :-P
Gumboots
CEO

Hi. I have never tried playing the campaign on 1.06. It was designed for 1.05 (and earlier) so I have always thought it was best played on 1.05. :)

Glad you got it working anyway. That other topic has a handy tip, which is probably worth having in a sticky.

It's common for people to have more than one installation, so they can play 1.05 or 1.06 depending on their mood. I have 3 installations of 1.05 (mainly for testing) and one of 106.
Lissimo
Cat

Gumboots wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 4:51 pm Hi. I have never tried playing the campaign on 1.06. It was designed for 1.05 (and earlier) so I have always thought it was best played on 1.05. :)

Glad you got it working anyway. That other topic has a handy tip, which is probably worth having in a sticky.

It's common for people to have more than one installation, so they can play 1.05 or 1.06 depending on their mood. I have 3 installations of 1.05 (mainly for testing) and one of 106.
Haha, I do not only have one installation, I have it even bought 3 times.
Steam: Because of the German language and voice files (voice ~100 %, text ~ 90 %).
GOG: Because on Steam it will not run with Patch 1.06 (minimizes itself and then crashes), however on GOG, no issues with community patches and mods
Old CD version: Nostalgia (pretty sure it will also not run and as far as I remember, the blurry fix and the Win10 fix do not like each other).

Btw. still an awesome game, I hope Railway Empire 2 will be more like Railroad Tycoon 3
Gumboots
CEO

Skip the "blurry fix", and use dgVoodoo. Works a treat. My installations are direct from an old PopTop disc. ;)