chart of cargoes?

Discussion of Pop Top's last release of RRT.
blumeenie

chart of cargoes? Unread post

Unlike many who post here I am not overly familiar with RRT3,mainly because i play spasmodicly, and have a terrible memory. I have just DL a new(to me) 1.06 scenario which has on it more recent cargo types than I am familiar with, or can find in my computer files. I have searched this forum for 2 days (ok, so I tend to get sidetracked into many different topics) but havent found in RRT2,RRT3, or Trainmaster any chart or explanation telling me "source/industry->cargo-> industry/user" for a lot of cargoes. Amongst these are (from Scenario=Nova Scotia)Ceramics;Concrete;Crystals;Ingots;Machinery;Rock.
Some of them are fairly obvious to some degree,but i think that Ingots(for example ) are likely a product of something other than warehouses (their only source in this scenario)and so forth. The original Industry chart does show the old cargoes as icons between the industries , so I can figure those out ,but the newer RT3 industry chart is just industries, the trainmaster supply chain guide is not of help, the Handbook to RT3 2010 doesnt cover this and so I am at an impass. Has anyone any info for me that covers this aspect please?
As a comment, the RRT3 Industry chart would be so much more helpful if it did include the cargoes upon it, but I can pencil them in to my paper copy if I only knew where they fitted.(dont laugh about the "paper" i can find a sheet so much easier than a disremembered computer link.)

blumeenie
Hawk
The Big Dawg

Re: chart of cargoes? Unread post

Have you seen the Industry Chart for 1.06 created by Magnus (MagnusA) Adielsson, found on this page?

http://hawkdawg.com/rrt/rrt3/Xtras/Tips_Tuts_Utils.htm
Hawk
blumeenie

Yes I have, thanks Hawk. It is that chart which I wish had the cargoes on it , as it seems to be comprehensive for 1.06 as far as industries goes.
But as far as cargoes, I have no idea where upon it I put some of the cargoes I mention above.
It just dawned on me that i could do a game save while im flush sometime and make as many new industries as the scenario allows and see their requirements and outputs, then go back to the save.That would fill up some of the cargo spaces, and certainly all that I need for the scenario.
blumeenie
Hawk
The Big Dawg

You could fire up a map in Sandbox mode and do what you mentioned. That way there's no money involved.

Wish I could help more.
Hawk
low_grade
Dispatcher

on that 1.06 industry chart, when there's an M or E or Ce in the corner of an industry's box, it demands Machinery, Electronics, or Ceramics.

Ore mines produce ore, which can go to a Furnace to produce Ingots, which are a finished product which will only be demanded by specially set up ports and warehouses.

Quarries produce rock and crystals. Crystals are like ingots, nothing naturally demands them. Rock goes to a Furnace which makes Ceramics, which is demanded by a number of industries, or which can go to a Concrete Plant to make concrete, which is demanded by construction firms and I think houses in general.

Does that clear up your questions, after looking at the 1.06 industries PDF in that link?
Blackhawk
CEO

The Machine Shop in 1.06 demands ingots + oil + aluminum to make machinery or plastic + ceramic + electronics

The Electronics factory uses Ingots + Crystals to make Electronics (electronics are used by houses or in the machine shop)

Ceramics are also demanded by the construction firm warehouses (but you don't get anything for supplying it) as well as Distilleries and Breweries in addition to the Concrete plant.
OilCan
Engineer

1.06V industries still remain somewhat of a mystery to many players.

1.05V offers 45 types of industries. 1.06V increased this to 53 industries (54 if you count Gwizzports). The list below describes the industries only found in 1.06V (year of origin in parenthesis).

+ Concrete Plant (1850) - converts ceramics to concrete: used by houses and construction firms.
+ Dye Plantation (1830) - produces 2 dye/year; fertilizer increases production 20%, used in textile mills, furniture plants and plastics factories.
+ Electronics Plant (1910) - converts ceramics and ingots to electronics until 1960; converts crystals and ingots to electronics after 1950: used in cinemas, radio stations, military depots, retail stores, auto plants and weapons factories. Also by houses.
+ Furnace (1830) - converts rock to ceramics and ore to ingots: ceramics used in concrete plants, construction firms, breweries and distilleries; ingots used in electronics plants and machine shops
+ Machine Shop - converts ingots, steel, and oil to machinery before 1980; converts ingots, aluminum, and oil to machinery all the time: used by most plants, mills (plus windmills) and factories.
+ Ore Mine (1830) - produces 2 ore/year: used by furnaces
+ Quarry (1830) - produces 2 rock and 1 crystal/year: rock used in furnaces; crystal used in electronics plants
+ Pharmaceutical Plant (1900) - converts chemicals to medicine: used in hospitals and stadiums. Also by houses.

In addition, V1.06 allows the player to build fertilizer factories after 1905 which boosts production on most all farms.

V1.06 created 9 types of cargo not found in V1.05:

Ceramics (from furnaces)
Concrete (from concrete plants)
Crystals (from quarries)
Dye (from dye plantations)
Ingots (from furnaces)
Machinery (from machinery plants)
Medicine (from pharmaceutical plants)
Ore (from ore mines)
Rock (from quarries)

The most complicated cargo path is the conversion of rock/crystal/ore to electronics, machinery and concrete. Others have already laid out the path of this cargo stream in earlier posts. I have a hand-drawn version of the path which helps me keep it all straight.

The 1.06V military industries demand additional cargos than in 1.05V:
+ Munitions factories (1848) require iron until 1876 then steel plus chemicals to produce ammunition. Used by military depots and barracks.
+ Weapons factories (1848) also require iron until 1876 then steel, lumber until 1935, plus tires (1900) and aluminum (1910) to produce cannons on flatbed cars. Used by military depots and barracks.
+ Military depots (1910) require ammo, weapons and diesel.

The 1.06 Version also added some new support buildings such as hospitals and construction firms which are not true industries but do provide a demand. Many supply & demand passengers. Most of the support buildings found in 1.05V were modified by 1.06V to accept new cargos and/or supply goods/passengers. The list below shows the 1.06V support buildings.

Cinema – consumes electronics
Construction Firm - consumes lumber, ceramics, concrete, (plus steel after 1890)
Commercial Building – consumes paper
Department Store – consumes clothing
Hospital – consumes medicine
Radio Station – consumes electronics
Retail – consumes goods and electronics
Stadium – consumes medicine
Windmill – consumes machinery

This is probably much more than you wanted to know. However, it does help to read the 1.06 RELEASENOTES.en text for a good description on the changes that 1.06V made to 1.05V. This text file comes with your 1.06V download.

(Edited to add construction firms as a demand for concrete.)
Last edited by OilCan on Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
JFMarvelous
Watchman

Hi all, I got this on this site a while back. Is it what your looking for?
Attachments

[The extension odg has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

Hawk
The Big Dawg

That's part of the zip file I linked to in my first post in this thread. What you attached is an OpenOffice or LibreOffice file. One of four in the zip I linked to. ;-)
Hawk
JFMarvelous
Watchman

Your right of course. I got it a good while back, and didn't check your link. But it should be just what they are looking for.
low_grade
Dispatcher

OilCan wrote: This is probably much more than you wanted to know.
I appreciated the elaboration!

Also, hidden behind the scenes, some the support "industries" supply/produce passengers:
Stadium – 5
Cinema – 3
Department Store – 3
Church - 3
Hotel - 2
Hospital – 2
Museum - 2
Commercial Building – 1/2 passenger and 2 mail no matter the size

and for the record the Schoolhouse is useless, feel free to bulldoze it but leave the rest alone!
blumeenie

Incredible! I dont look in here overnight, and there's a deluge of information!! Thanks so much to all of you.
A bit slow posting this, as when I posted yesterday I tried printing out a nice new clean RT3 Industry Chart and after 1 neat page my printer developed a weird problem. I spent 6 hours trying to fix, slept, spent 4 hours investigating which to buy , 30 mins buying it , and 5 hours setting up the new wireless connection for it . Darn, you didnt want to know all that, but once again thanks much.
New paper print is ready and Im about to enter all the info upon it .
Blumeenie
OilCan
Engineer

So here's my hen scratch drawing of the cargo paths for ore, rock and crystal.
1.06V Ore and Quarry.pdf
(166.41 KiB) Downloaded 154 times