Is there really that few people?

Discussion of Pop Top's last release of RRT.
Altoona+BeachCreek
Conductor

Is there really that few people? Unread post

I'd love to play multiplayer with someone, but I can never find anyone. I'm giving my friend Tharren my old copy on Monday, maybe someone would like to join us? (0!!0)
"Train roll on, on down the line. Take me many miles from my home."
Blackhawk
CEO

Re: Is there really that few people? Unread post

Occasionally someone stops by here and asks if anyone plays multiplayer but it is rather rare. Most of us that still play focus on the single player scenarios.
Hawk
The Big Dawg

Blackhawk wrote:Most of us that still play focus on the single player scenarios.
I'm one of those. I've never had any interest in multiplayer.
Hawk
EPH
Dispatcher

Multiplayer was utterly broken when RRT3 released and I don't think it was fixed until after PopTop walked away (not sure about that timeline). At any rate, the original fans couldn't play MP because it was broken and by the time it was fixed I think many gamers had moved on.

I still play it all the time, but just me against the AIs and the map. :-)
The optimist proclaims we live in the best of all possible worlds; and the pessimist fears this is true." - James Branch Cabell
thietavu
Conductor

Yup, playing almost every day, but only single player scenarios. Don't even know if the TrainMaster version of this supports multiplayer mode properly..?
AMD Phenom X6 1090T @3.9GHz, 16GB DDR3-1600 RAM, Asus Crosshair Formula IV mb, Radeon HD7870, Samsung 850EVO SSD, M-Audio AP192, Windows 10-64, Railroad Tycoon 3 1.06. & TM, Train Simulator 2016, MSTS + many add-ons, Trainz!
Blackhawk
CEO

Version 1.06 and TM were never tested to work in multi-player. They are not believed to work correctly in multi-player mode.
Gregorovitch
Cat

There is a gaming club in the UK, mainly board but some MP computer, that has a dedicated MP RT group. They still play RT2 and if RT3 MP is dysfunctional that's probably why. I think they might have a dedicated room filled with prehistoric PC's wired up with Windows for Workgroups or something for the purpose. I seem to remember they think RT2 MP is hardcore compared to e.g. the 18xx board games.
Evan
Cat

All I play is Multiplayer, I play with my friend all the time.
Wolverine@MSU
CEO

Evan wrote:All I play is Multiplayer, I play with my friend all the time.
What version do you play?
Evan
Cat

Wolverine@MSU wrote:
Evan wrote:All I play is Multiplayer, I play with my friend all the time.
What version do you play?
The Cool Cowboy
Conrad1996

Finally somebody who wants to play multiplayer if you still want to play i am ready to multiplay i have been looking for someone.
AdmiralHalsey
Conductor

This game has Multiplayer?
Altoona+BeachCreek
Conductor

More or less. I don't think it ever really was finished, but I don't think there's any real problems with it. We just have to test the updated versions of it with multiplayer.
"Train roll on, on down the line. Take me many miles from my home."
RayofSunshine
CEO

My son plays 'multiplayer' in other games, but he has never tried it with Tycoon. For myself, it never interested me, as I play RT on a periodic time schedule. Just depends on other projects. I find that just playing against the AIs, is challenge enough. However, the biggest number of user created scenarios are only based on singles. Not that they are any easier than the challenge with AIs, but I do like the AI competition. And at times, the AIs are just too aggressive. Makes for some 'brain' strategies. :salute: {,0,}
obertran
Watchman

multiplayer scenarios can be very interesting. For example, every player starts in a country or area on his own and when he has enough money then buying other countries where the other players are, expanding his railway to the cities of the other players and making them go to bankruptcy. That could be funny, specially if you are the invader :lol:
Stoker
Engineer

I played Multiplayer when I first got RT3. I was really green and did not understand the financial trickery that could be done. I was seeing companies being created over and over by the other player and did not get what he was doing (cheating basically). Now that I am pretty much an expert at this game I would probably do a bit better ;-) , but the times I have checked in the past few years I have never seen anyone in the rooms.

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.
Edmund Burke
AdmiralHalsey
Conductor

Altoona+BeachCreek wrote:More or less. I don't think it ever really was finished, but I don't think there's any real problems with it. We just have to test the updated versions of it with multiplayer.
Huh. I have had this game since it first came out and I never noticed it had multiplayer.(Man I feel old because writing that made me realize that RRT3 came out 10 years ago. I wasn't even ten yet when I got it.)
Hawk
The Big Dawg

AdmiralHalsey wrote:.(Man I feel old because writing that made me realize that RRT3 came out 10 years ago. I wasn't even ten yet when I got it.)
Old? ^**lylgh I also got RT3 when it first came out, and I was 52. !!jabber!!
Hawk
Gumboots
CEO

Funny, isn't it? These kids who think anything over 20 is old. ^**lylgh
AdmiralHalsey
Conductor

Am I the youngest person on the forums or is someone else younger then me?(Oh and I have every right to feel old when tell my little sister about the shows I used to watch and she asks what they were.)