Some questions about building a warehouse

Discussion of Pop Top's last release of RRT.
crtty
Hobo

Some questions about building a warehouse Unread post

One of my friends said when he was playing a half-official map,he could build a warehouse which supplies important cargoes,but he couldn't build tavern or hotel etc.When he tried again,he could build tavern etc.while the warehouse is unbuildable,which made it impossible to accomplish the mission.
Can anyone tell me why?
Hawk
The Big Dawg

Re: Some questions about building a warehouse Unread post

What map was it?
Hawk
crtty
Hobo

Hawk,I'm afraid you haven't seen this map before.It's a new version made by RRT3's Chinese Publisher with some new maps and engines .So those names and events are Chinese.(This even made many triggers broken down.)
IIRC,someone has discussed about build warehouse in Orient Express.Will this helps?
(P.S:that Chinese version is the only kind of1.05 in Chinese,but It's AWFUL!)
RulerofRails
CEO

I don't know anything about the Chinese version. I know that the official 1.05 patch did not allow a buildable warehouse, while the unofficial 1.06 did. 1.06 could have issues with the passenger buildings as there are some reports that they don't work correctly with the campaigns. I never desired to play the campaigns with 1.06 because they will not play as intended by the scenario creator, so don't have first-hand experience. As I said, I didn't know there was a Chinese version or how it works. I don't know if it is based on 1.05 or 1.06. But an extension of 1.06's issue may be possible?

PS. I am interested in the new engines you mentioned. Are they decent? Do they work in the English version?
crtty
Hobo

Thanks for your help
RulerofRails wrote:PS. I am interested in the new engines you mentioned. Are they decent? Do they work in the English version?
I haven't tried to use them in English version.And I don't have a computer now.If you want some pictures,you can view this site http://bbs.hasea.com/thread-463322-1-1.html
RulerofRails
CEO

Thanks for the link. They look ok. Are they free or require you to buy that version? If someone who has them finds out if they work with the English version, they would be kind of nice to have in Asian scenarios such as Great China 4 for TrainMaster.
crtty
Hobo

RulerofRails wrote: Are they free or require you to buy that version?
Well,at first it requires to be bought, but now you can download for free at many sites.
RulerofRails wrote: If someone who has them finds out if they work with the English version, they would be kind of nice to have in Asian scenarios such as Great China 4 for TrainMaster.
Now I've got a computer and I want to make the check. But how?
P.S.Not all the engines are good.For example,"JF Type" can be brought in to the English version after repaired in some small parts."China Star"may need a totally rebuilt."QJ type"can be given up since we have the more realic"QJ Class"in CtC.
RulerofRails
CEO

That's a good question. The engine and tender files (.car (corrected from .cty, thanks Gumboots!) files for both and a .lco file for the engine) shouldn't be too hard to find in Data\EngineTypes assuming the file layout is similar, but finding all the elements that are also needed may be much harder. Most likely they are in a pk4 file somewhere perhaps they are simply in the PopTopExtraContent folder or equivalent which would be easy to find. As I understand it, PK4 files are basically zip files for the game so they could all be in one, or in individual files, or combined with the original stuff depending on the whims of the creator. There is an un-packer available from downloads here and it may be necessary to use it especially if the naming and grouping of the pk4's isn't straightforward. Are the file names in English or is it all Chinese? Maybe Gumboots can shed more light on this as he understands this stuff much better than me.
Last edited by RulerofRails on Mon Apr 06, 2015 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gumboots
CEO

They're .car files for locos and tenders. The .cty files are for cargoes and are in another folder. ;-)

If the layout is the same as the original version, the .3dp files for the older pre-CtC engines will be in Data/3D/rt3_3DPF.pk4 and the skin images will be in Data/3D/rt3_DDSF.pk4. The CtC expansion locos and tenders have all their stuff in Data/3D/rt3_Expansion.pk4.

If the new Chinese locos haven't had files added to this folder, then they will probably be in either PopTopExtraContent or UserExtraContent. If you want a comparison, here's the folder structure for the original version. By checking that against the Chinese version it should be possible to figure stuff out.
Folder_structure.jpg
Folder_structure.jpg (83.47 KiB) Viewed 4739 times