Engine Re-specs

Discussion of Pop Top's last release of RRT.
Altoona+BeachCreek
Conductor

Engine Re-specs Unread post

While playing Aurelia, I finally reached 935 and unlocked the GG1, a moment long awaited when a reliable electric would finally be available. I planned on using it on both dedicated freight and passenger trains, and so was quite taken aback when I saw the passenger appeal rating. "Acceptable?!" Seriously? !hairpull! Of course, the effect that rating has on drawing passengers may be negligible, but still. Overall, there are a few specs which should be looked over a little. Is there an easy way to do this? And what specs do you think should be modified?
"Train roll on, on down the line. Take me many miles from my home."
RayofSunshine
CEO

Re: Engine Re-specs Unread post

I don't think so Altoona. I believe that the "specs" are built into the initial programming.

Reliable? Acceptable? From playing Tycoon over the years, there is a certain percentage of advantage, but very slight for the difference of status. I usually try to stay away from the "ugly", as there is some difference in haul of passengers. And it is hard to determine on the "acceptable" status, as most will depend on the "demand" to the station enroute.

Not much help, but might give you an idea of the way the "status" operates. :salute: {,0,}
Stoker
Engineer

You can definitely change the engine specs. It is the same as changing buildings, which I am quite familiar with, but I have not ever monkeyed with engines. The main thing you will need is a Hex editor. I use Mirkes Tiny Hexer but there are other free ones around. Somebody versed in which values you need to change will chime in here soon, stay tuned.

Edit to add:Here is a link to download Tiny Hexer.

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.
Edmund Burke
Gumboots
CEO

Stoker
Engineer

There ya go. Gumboots knows about the loco changes. I think Altoona was just looking to change the values and not mess with the models though.There is a sticky in this area on modifying locomotives a couple threads above this. The thing you need in addition to a Hex editor is an un-Pak er. There is one linked in that thread above.

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.
Edmund Burke
Altoona+BeachCreek
Conductor

Thanks guys!
"Train roll on, on down the line. Take me many miles from my home."
Gumboots
CEO

Yeah that particular post just has an updated guide to the basic values in the .lco file, which is what I figured was needed.
MrPhil
Cat

Wouldn't it be cool, if you could launch an advertising campaign to improve the public's view of an engine's appeal!
Philip 'MrPhil' Ludington
Mr. Phil Games