Enjoy the Scenery

Discussion of Pop Top's last release of RRT.
grashopa
Hobo

Enjoy the Scenery Unread post

Just reminding everyone to zoom in and follow a train every once in awhile and enjoy the scenery :)

We can use each other's saves right? Why don't people post saves / screens from their games here? It is probably not the same feeling if you didn't build the railroad though!
Gumboots
CEO

Re: Enjoy the Scenery Unread post

YOu mean whole game saves (.gms and gmc files) or screenshotz?
OilCan
Engineer

grashopa wrote:Just reminding everyone to zoom in and follow a train every once in awhile and enjoy the scenery :)
I totally agree. This is one of the greater delights of RT3. Sometimes I'll save a game, and then just follow trains for a while. Good reminder! !*th_up*!
grashopa
Hobo

YOu mean whole game saves (.gms and gmc files) or screenshotz?
Both if you'd like, I'll surely be happy to take a look :)
cheminot
Brakeman

I agree with 'grashopa'. I would give insights of how people play, specially tycoons :-) . I have been looking for walkthroughs (spelling?) and found rather few.
You see, I'm having trouble meeting many scenarios goals by a long shot. **!!!**
So Indeed, whole scenarios and everything you want to trow this way !$th_u$!
"He who knows that he doesn't know anything, knows a lot"
jewish proverb
Hawk
The Big Dawg

cheminot wrote:I have been looking for walkthroughs (spelling?) and found rather few.
Have you looked through the RRT3 Reviews and the Scenario Strategies forums?

Have you tried using the search feature of the forum (use the Advanced search option) using the scenario name as a search term and limiting your search to one of the two forums mentioned above?
Hawk
arop
Dispatcher

:-D I agree. There are many scenic train rides in RRT3 for those who care for more than just winning the game. Sometimes it has happened to me, that too many train rides has made me forget railroad business for some time. :salute:
Attachments
Near Colombo.jpg
CEYLON, somewhere in the mountains.jpg
grashopa
Hobo

Here are two shots from my Go West campaign. Which has some nice terrain.

The bridge over Poughkeepsie, NYC to Pok and a shot from the fruit orchards near Buffalo at the end.
Attachments
Buffalo's Orchards
Buffalo's Orchards
Poughkeepsie Bridge
Poughkeepsie Bridge
Into Poughkeepsie
Into Poughkeepsie
Gumboots
CEO

One funny thing that occured to me at the weekend was train speeds in RRT3. I timed a priority express train from Canberra to Brisbane. It took about a year to get there, and it's a little under 600 miles. I figure if someone walked two miles a day, with Sundays off, they'd beat an RRT3 express train over the same route. ^**lylgh

Just out of interest, I noticed the orange trees in your shot look a lot better than they do on my box. What are you running?

The example on the right is what they look like for me, compared to your shot on the left.

Oddly enough, ground textures and rivers seem to still look good on my box. It's mainly trees that go funny.
Attachments
orchard_comparison.png
Moggie
Conductor

How about merging this with the earlier RT3 Snaps -thread? Also, the guy who drew the track lining here might have been slightly inebriated...
Weird line
Weird line
Moggie
Dogs have masters, cats have staff.
Trainmaster's own Skimbleshanks :)
Gumboots
CEO

That looks like an accident waiting to happen. :mrgreen:
Altoona+BeachCreek
Conductor

Well... that happened. !*00*!
Last edited by Altoona+BeachCreek on Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Train roll on, on down the line. Take me many miles from my home."
RayofSunshine
CEO

Scenery is one thing, but glitches of both buildings and trains are some other manifestation of a problem.

The building or in most cases, depots, have appeared to have just a piece of the building on the track. But I have run into having a depot "strateling" or with 1/2 of the depot on the track.

I have also had the tender embedded into the engine, let alone a length behind or in front of the engine. This does not exempt the same conditions with the other rolling stock. An odd situation, when it may only occur to 1 depot, engine/tender, or rolling stock, when the rest of the system keeps programming/operation in good order. *!*!*!

Rt2 was good for some interesting glitches. Even to the extent of having trains operating thru the ground. **lylgh
:salute: {,0,}