German steam engine history

Discussion of Pop Top's last release of RRT.
RayofSunshine
CEO

German steam engine history Unread post

Well Fellas and Gals,
This is not in line with the RT theme, but of the history pertaining to some German histroy. Actually the history of:
Baureihe 45 Baureihe 01 Baureihe 44 and Baureihe 50. At least those are the numerical numbers of some type of identification of each series.
Also, Ineed some history of: Sachsische P8 and ProuBische T3.
I have some "feelers" out to some members, but I thought I would widen the inquiry.

I know that I have used some of these engines in European scenarios, but that doesn't give me any history.

Besides the engines, there is a plaque which indicates "Goldenes" LOKOMOTIV- (sort of explanatory) ending with Zeitalter. I would like a translation into English, to know what I am involved.

Any help will be appreciated. :salute: {,0,}
Gumboots
CEO

Re: German steam engine history Unread post

Try Google translate. ;-) It's fairly good for basic stuff.
Lama
Brakeman

Golden Age of Locomotives, it seems. Age = Zeitalter. Any other translating work you want done, just say the word. 50 bucks a page. !#2bits#!
El Moichi
Watchman

RayofSunshine
CEO

Thanks Everyone for your input. Will start combining the research. OH, and Lama, in the case of translation, would you want payment by check, EURO, or Gold. **!!!** And thanks for the offer. :salute: {,0,}
RayofSunshine
CEO

Wow, that is a lot of history for both the P8 and the T3. Both I come up with the question. Although the
Prussian P8 seem both similar in the majority of construction, the plaque of which I have shows the image as being that of Sachsische, of which I have not found that "title" in any of the documents. **!!!** Hence, having a language barrier, I hope that someone could enlighten me as to that "term or identifier" be given to the P8. :!:

(And I have yet to get any info on the different series of the Baureihe) Well, with a little search of the websites involved, I was able to get some results of information on the Baureihe 45, 01, 44 and 50. Prior searches were that of actual train displays. Interesting, but not the info of which I was looking. Still need help with some mention of the word Sachsische. Will be apprciated :salute: {,0,}
Gumboots
CEO

In case you're still wondering, Ray, "Sächsische" is, I think, the possessive form of Saxony (Sachsen in German). I assume it was in the context of Königlich Sächsische Staatseisenbahnen. German seems to drop the "en" suffix for "ische" when indicating possession. The Prussian railway was Königlich Preußische Staatseisenbahnen, where Prussia is Preußen in German.

The Bavarian railway was Königliche Bayerische Staats-Eisenbahnen, and Bavaria is Bayern in German, so in that case they're just dropping an "n" and adding "ische".