About engines in the unoffical Chinese version

Discussion of Pop Top's last release of RRT.
crtty
Hobo

About engines in the unoffical Chinese version Unread post

These are far from the question about the warehouse,so I decided to start a new topic.
With the guide from RoR and Gumboots,I copied all the .car , .lco of those engines and two.PK4 to English version(1.05),and opened sandbox,the answer is:they were work! ::!**!
However,there were still some problems.They don't have thumbnails(as what you can see in the attachment).The original names were Chinese,so the became messy code such as "o with two dots on it"(I can't type this letter).
What's the next step?@Gumboots @RulerofRails @Hawk
Attachments
RT3_04_08_15__17_24_49.jpg
Gumboots
CEO

Re: About engines in the unoffical Chinese version Unread post

Ok, the names you see in the game are set in the .car file. Get yourself a hex editor and set it to twelve columns (this is easiest on the brain, in my experience). The name you see while playing the game is allowed to take up 60 bytes in the file, starting from the 13th byte. Example shown below. More details are in this post.

Changing this name doesn't affect anything else. Just make sure that after the name you have a byte set to 00 (double zero) in the actual hex over at the left. You can see that at the start of the third line in the screenshot. The double zero is a standard RT3 indicator that tells the game engine a text string has finished. Anything typed after that won't be read, until the next code block on the seventh line.

The thumbnails for the pre-CtC locos are stashed in rt3_2DDS.PK4 in the 2D folder. I forgot about those. You'll probably need the IMB files (rt3_2IMB.PK4). The CtC expansion loco thumbnails, etc are in RT3_CoastToCoast.PK4.
thietavu
Conductor

Can't wait to see these locos in action - exactly what my "Great China" scenario for TM would absolutely love!! (0!!0)
AMD Phenom X6 1090T @3.9GHz, 16GB DDR3-1600 RAM, Asus Crosshair Formula IV mb, Radeon HD7870, Samsung 850EVO SSD, M-Audio AP192, Windows 10-64, Railroad Tycoon 3 1.06. & TM, Train Simulator 2016, MSTS + many add-ons, Trainz!
crtty
Hobo

Well,after reading again and again without clear how to do,I finally decided to send all the files may have relation to those engines and let you to continue the project. **!!!**
I'll try to do some support if necessary.
engines.zip
(389.6 KiB) Downloaded 249 times
Gumboots
CEO

I'll take a look at it over the weekend. You'll have to tell me what the names are supposed to be in English, since I can't read Chinese.
crtty
Hobo

Thank you! :salute:
Gumboots wrote:You'll have to tell me what the names are supposed to be in English, since I can't read Chinese.
Just leave them in English.English names in the game won't make me confused.
thietavu
Conductor

What Chinese models are there in that packet? I can't wait to run, for example, some SYs etc! :)
AMD Phenom X6 1090T @3.9GHz, 16GB DDR3-1600 RAM, Asus Crosshair Formula IV mb, Radeon HD7870, Samsung 850EVO SSD, M-Audio AP192, Windows 10-64, Railroad Tycoon 3 1.06. & TM, Train Simulator 2016, MSTS + many add-ons, Trainz!
RulerofRails
CEO

In the interim before Gumboots responds (I know little about this stuff). This is what I see (may not have it exactly right): except for the DF3, there are only .car and .lco files in that zip. The DF3 has only some of the model/skin files as far as I can tell. Surely there are some more files where you found the ones you included? That would make the most sense, but then people don't always do things the sensible way. . . . If they aren't there, Gumboots suggestion of doing a side-by-side with the English version game folders seems like the best way to find what's extra. Hope you find them, keep looking.

@thietavu, in the "Some questions about building a warehouse" thread, mid-way down you can find a link to a Chinese site with some pictures. There is an SL in the files, but until we have more files we can't look at it in the game.
crtty
Hobo

I found these inUser Extra Contect
Attachments
DF3 others.zip
(382.99 KiB) Downloaded 201 times
RulerofRails
CEO

crtty wrote:I found these inUser Extra Contect
Thanks for trying again. I'm sorry to say that these ones were already in the earlier zip file.

From the opening post:
crtty wrote:These are far from the question about the warehouse,so I decided to start a new topic.
With the guide from RoR and Gumboots,I copied all the .car , .lco of those engines and two.PK4 to English version(1.05),and opened sandbox,the answer is:they were work! ::!**!
We need those two pk4 files you used to get these engines working. You found them before, so please try again.

Here's another idea that may help. Do a search for pk4 files within the RT3 install folder using Windows Explorer. Put: *.pk4 into the search box. The file names you gave seem to be in English, so post some screenshots preferably sorted by date so the latest one is first so we can take a look.

Thanks for persevering with this.