Quick question regarding Custom Logos

Discussion of Pop Top's last release of RRT.
TheBonobo4
Brakeman

Quick question regarding Custom Logos Unread post

So at the moment all of my custom logos are installed in my UserExtraContent folder, and I'm aware that if you have more than 100 custom logos, the game breaks. However, is it possible to create a sub folder, UserExtraContent/Logos, so I can tidy up my UEC folder and keep track of logos? I have a lot I'll likely never use, or that I don't like, and don't want to go over 100. Will this work, or will the game not recognise the sub folder correctly?

Also, is there a way to get the AI to use custom logos correctly? When they try to, it seems to default to that weird green and gold logo, and you sometimes get multiple companies with that same logo?
Gumboots
CEO

Re: Quick question regarding Custom Logos Unread post

You can use custom sub-folders to stash extra stuff and keep the main folder more tidy. I do this often, and it will work inside any game folder.

However, you can't use the extra sub-folders to expand what the game will recognise. It's coded to only look for default folders, and ignores anything else, so any custom folders are only useful for storage.

I don't know how the AI use of logos works as it's not something I've ever looked into.
TheBonobo4
Brakeman

Gumboots wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 4:07 pm You can use custom sub-folders to stash extra stuff and keep the main folder more tidy. I do this often, and it will work inside any game folder.

However, you can't use the extra sub-folders to expand what the game will recognise. It's coded to only look for default folders, and ignores anything else, so any custom folders are only useful for storage.

I don't know how the AI use of logos works as it's not something I've ever looked into.
Right so yes you can put files there but the game won't recognise them? That's not ideal for me then.
Gumboots
CEO

Why do you want the game to automatically recognise them if they are logos you will rarely or never use?
sbaros
Conductor

In this context, the logo quantity limitation is the most insignificant issue. Since the program offers no choice in terms of hauled stock, and a limited one in architectural styles, one is forced to keep at least one separate installation for each continent/subcontinent he/she is seriously interested in. A maximum of 100 Logos per continent seems quite fair. There is no point trying to keep together American, European and Australian ones. You can leave a couple of reserve slots in each installation just in case you need to simulate an overseas venture of a far-away company.
If you have no Marxists in the leadership of your trade union, you have no trade union.
Abolish NATO and the (Na)zionist state !
TheBonobo4
Brakeman

Gumboots wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 6:20 pm Why do you want the game to automatically recognise them if they are logos you will rarely or never use?
I was thinking more in terms of tidying up my folders, I can delete them I guess, if I get close to the limit. I like to keep things simple.

If I'm being honest, I think my question has been answered and I've forgotten why I made this thread. ^**lylgh