RRT3 prerelease screenshots

Discussion of Pop Top's last release of RRT.
eldomtom2
Hobo

RRT3 prerelease screenshots Unread post

I have created an Imgur album with all the prerelease screenshots of RRT3 I could find. There's some interesting stuff in there, like alternate skins for the Kriegslok and mail car.

https://imgur.com/a/MqwUkIb

What's really bugging me is I know I saw a prerelease screenshot showing the large Victorian style station with a second platform. Does anyone have it?
Gumboots
CEO

Re: RRT3 prerelease screenshots Unread post

It's not something I've ever seen, but it wouldn't be hard to make one. ;)
RulerofRails
CEO

I never saw ads for the game. I didn't even know a second platform version existed. Interesting.

PS. I see the ICE express train in the 4th image. Must have been still hoping for permission to use it. . . .
Gumboots
CEO

Re the "two platform station" thing: it would be easy to model one, using the existing DDS and a little bit more mesh, but there are going to be two issues with it.

1/ Footprint. If the second platform extends outside of the standard footprint, it could cause overlap issues with any seeded buildings close to the station, on that side.

2/ Functionality. Although meshing up an extra platform would be easy, it would only be for looks. There is only one "track attachment point" allowed per station, so no way of attaching a track each side of the central building.

However, I have put two large Victorian stations together, back to back, on two closely-spaced lines. That can be very effective in reducing congestion sometimes. And I think it would be possible to hijack one architectural style to make "half stations" that could be placed back to back, to give the look of one large station with track each side.

Or, you could even make one large station (in a chosen "architectural style") that was invisible, or perhaps just had visible mesh for some small associated building. That could allow you to get the look of one large station with track each side, although obviously you would still have to build two stations.
sbaros
Conductor

Gumboots wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 6:08 pmIt's not something I've ever seen, but it wouldn't be hard to make one. ;)
I guess it has to be placed in a way that it will not overlap with the second track in case of future track doubling, right?
If you have no Marxists in the leadership of your trade union, you have no trade union.
Abolish NATO and the (Na)zionist state !
Gumboots
CEO

Yes, although that would not be hard to arrange. I'm not really sure this idea is worth proceeding with. My instincts are saying it is one of those ideas that sounds cute, but that nobody will ever really care about when playing.