North America Map with Canadian Cities

Discussion of Pop Top's last release of RRT.
Njoel
Hobo

North America Map with Canadian Cities Unread post

Hi All,

First off really love that this site exists, I've been a fan of all the RRT series for years. I recently started to play RRT3 again and I use to play a map of North America, It was pretty much like the North America map from RRT2 - Platinum only someone had made it for RRT3. I can't remember who but it was really cool and had Edmonton, Calgary and lots of Canadian Cities and you needed to pay for access rights to the USA or to Canada depending on where you started you rail company.

I've looked thru all the user created maps on the site and have seen a couple North America ones but none of them look like the one I played on and there is no Edmonton or Calgary in there. So was wondering if anyone knows the map I'm referring to and if so can you please point me in the right direction so I can download it?

Thanks for reading
Gumboots
CEO

Re: North America Map with Canadian Cities Unread post

Hi, and welcome.
I don't know the map you're referring to, but someone else might.
RulerofRails
CEO

How far south in the USA did it go? From memory, I remember partial maps with a good portion of both Canada and USA, but they don't cover the whole expanse for example they don't go as far west as Alberta, or they don't go too far south in the USA.
Njoel
Hobo

RulerofRails wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2023 11:06 pm How far south in the USA did it go? From memory, I remember partial maps with a good portion of both Canada and USA, but they don't cover the whole expanse for example they don't go as far west as Alberta, or they don't go too far south in the USA.
Yes the map I played didn't cover all of Canada but go as far west to include Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton and it had the zones for USA and Canada. In fact I thought the map was called Coast to Coast but I could be mistaken.

It was basically just like the RRT2 version of the North America map. That's a perfect map and would love to play that in RRT3.

I also found someone on youtube that made a really nice map like the one I'm talking about for RRT3 and even says to ask him if you want the map he will give it to you but there is no way to write him a message lol dang it. I had to leave a comment and hope he see's it. Maybe someone else has seen it and has it.

Below is a link to the video of the RRT3 map:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6IM4CkZCaNA
RulerofRails
CEO

"Coast to Coast expansion pack" was released by PopTop along with Patch 1.04. This included some new maps, including the namesake: "Coast to Coast." This map has a narrow strip of southern Canada, including the cities you mentioned.

Any digital copy of the game should be up to date with last official patch, 1.05. And therefore include this content. If you have a disk, or for some reason it's missing, you can find it on this page: http://hawkdawg.com/rrt/rrt3/rrt3_main.php
Njoel
Hobo

RulerofRails wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 10:49 pm "Coast to Coast expansion pack" was released by PopTop along with Patch 1.04. This included some new maps, including the namesake: "Coast to Coast." This map has a narrow strip of southern Canada, including the cities you mentioned.

Any digital copy of the game should be up to date with last official patch, 1.05. And therefore include this content. If you have a disk, or for some reason it's missing, you can find it on this page: http://hawkdawg.com/rrt/rrt3/rrt3_main.php
Hi you know I think I'm having a moment or something. it's been a few years since I've played rt3 and have always played on the map I was mentioning. I always thought it was called Coast to Coast but when I look at it in the Editor It shows Calgary but no Edmonton. I would always start the game and do a Calgary to Edmonton run. I know it sounds silly but whenever I played RT3 that's what I would do and now for the life of me I can't find the map that has these two cities on it. Am I going crazy? lol !hairpull!
RulerofRails
CEO

There isn't really a good map spanning the whole of Canada. I'm wondering if you were remembering the RTII one?

I mentioned that some maps have a decent amount of USA and Canada on them, just not from one coast to the other.

Eastern half: Rainy Days in British North America
United Indian Federation - fictional "Indian" city names

Western half: Great Northern - good map, two scenarios based upon it with slightly altered cities: West Coast Run, Transcontinental
Pacific NW - more of the western "quarter," doesn't go very far east.
Njoel
Hobo

RulerofRails wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 11:22 pm There isn't really a good map spanning the whole of Canada. I'm wondering if you were remembering the RTII one?

I mentioned that some maps have a decent amount of USA and Canada on them, just not from one coast to the other.

Eastern half: Rainy Days in British North America
United Indian Federation - fictional "Indian" city names

Western half: Great Northern - good map, two scenarios based upon it with slightly altered cities: West Coast Run, Transcontinental
Pacific NW - more of the western "quarter," doesn't go very far east.
Yea the RTII one is perfect but I'm sure that someone made an RT3 version. RT3 was the only RRT game I played. I use to play RT2 back in the 90's but when RT3 came out that's all I ever played until recently. The reason I went back to RT2 is for that map. I'm sure someon made an RT3 version of the North America map I just can't for the life of me find it anymore. I downloaded it many times but I notice now there really isn't too many sites out there with RRT stuff :(